overweight who eles is going throught this?

i have a 21 months old babygirl the doctor told me shes over weight i'm i the only one going throght this with my baby and is this normal she dosent eat alot but she dose breastfeed still in the nights too...so can it be that maybe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Health

• I have been told since my dd was 6 months old that she is overweight. I only bf for six months, and she doesn't get any snacks. She is currently 18 months old and weighs 31 pounds. My daughter eats vegetables and fruit, no fast food, no soda, no candy, no sweets. I am not going to put my 18 month old on a diet. Instead I am going to promote a healthy eating habit and active life style. The rest should take care of itself. As for the pediatrician, did he offer you any solutions to this "so-called" weight problem?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree with PP.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• well she just said kinda what u said n that she not going to lose weight cuz shes growing but try to feed her healthy food...well my daughter is 21 months and she weights 37 pounds i think shes fine thought cuz she pretty tall for her age...but thanks your anwer really help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Ok, I am not, by books, overweight. BUT I was 100lbs before I had my sons and now I am about 120-125lbs... I hate my body and I can't seem to lose the 10lbs that I want too. I tried this hoodia pill and it's working slowly.. So, if you want to lose weight, slowly but surely, Hoodia is ONE DOLLAR at the dollar store. lol it really works tho.. It just works realllll slow
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 5:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Good morning, my daughter is the exact opposite. She just turned 3 last week, shes 39" tall and has weighed 30lbs since she was 18 months old. My 3 year old wears 9 month shorts! But she doesnt look unheathly, she eats like a horse (she loves pasta and bread) and shes not overly active. Doc says she just has a high metabolism.
    My neice however, is 4 months younger than my daughter, 5 inches shorter, and weighs 14lbs more. You can rarely get this child to eat anything, shes insanely active (couple hours of her and I need an energy boost!) and just thick. Shes not flabby but very solid. 4T is too long/big and too tight at the same time.
    Doc says shes not unhealthy either at the moment, but we do need to get her weight under control by keeping her active, encouraging healthy foods and snacks, and direct efforts to raise her metabolism.
    Your best bet is to start with raising her metabolism and look at the big picture
    vnrose

Answer by vnrose at 7:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I've never heard of an overweight breast fed baby. They normally are on the leaner side. I'd ask him how to remedy the problem. Personally I think toddlers are fine. They will run the weight off!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't think text-book definitions of "overweight" and "underweight" apply to all children. I think what matters is how that child eats, how much exercise that child gets, and whether there are underlying medical conditions. If all of those check out, then leave it alone. The kids weight will eventually even out with height. My daughter is having just the opposite problem of yours. We were told that her weight gain is not keeping up with her growth in height, so she is considered underweight. She is at the 15th percentile for her weight, and 95th for her height. She has growth spurts often, and she eats healthy (2% organic milk, yogurts, cheeses, whole grains, lean protein like chicken and ground turkey, and snacks during the day) and she eats as much as my older boys do when she's going through a growth spurt, she's just naturally thin. They wanted me to put her on whole milk. She gets what our family drinks, 2% milk.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yeah i understand that theres no such thing as a overweight breastfed baby but she dosnet need the milk i have to offer anymore i've been told that that milk i have is not good for her.. well either way thanks everyone for your help
    Anonymous

• I would be more concerned about what nightime snacking is doing to her teeth. After she has her teeth brushed at night, the only drink she should have is water. If she has not started having regular dental checkups (every six months, just like you), then start now.
    Past her second birthday, the only beverage she needs for health is water.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hahahahaah i feel like a TOTAL dumbass! LOL all i read was the title and it was 5:22am and i wasnt to bed yet
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 4:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2009