When should I start planning my wedding?

The date is October 3rd. Or October 10th.

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 1:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This year? You better get moving along.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It depends on how elaborate it is. The Knot.com is a wonderful resource, and they have time lines on what you should be planning when. Most wedding gowns take between 4-6 months to order unless you are taking something out of stock, or David's Bridal. Bridesmaid's dresses about 14 weeks, Raylia from Maggie Sottero takes a little longer. Don't let the time frames freak you out though. A weeding can be planned in weeks, but it never hurts to make sure that you are prepared and know what you need to do when. Good Luck!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• WE started planning our wedding only a month or two before. hahaha I guess it just depends on what you are planning. If you want an extravagant wedding, start NOW! Definitely book some where ASAP because most destinations have huge waiting lists.

Good luck!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It took me almost a year, and my wedding wasn't all that huge. I"d say you best get started now. I had to book the church, reception locale, caterer and cake company almost a year in advance as well.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• you want to order dresses at least 6 months in advance. they can rush them, but it'll cost you dearly. everything else you can do fairly quickly. i took almost 2 years, but i plan everything to death.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No way! You're from Fayetteville? I used to live there. There are plenty of places to book wedding receptions. I had a friend who had a beautiful reception in the Jones center in Springdale. There are also several beautiful places to have an outside wedding. It isn't too ridiculously cold that time of year there. You can also find several consignment stores in the area that have dresses for great prices you can even alter. Message me if I can be anymore help.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yesterday!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2009