How secret do you keep your faith? (Pagans)

Are you out of the broom closet? Any specific people that you keep your religious views hidden from?

If you are bold and out there, do you ask for the Sabbat days off from work (if you work, or if you did work)?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm 100% out...not just as a Wiccan but as a Lesbian too.

I will not hide who I am !

If christians can were their crosses and other religious ppl their jewelry too then so will I.

As far as my job, I dont work becouse I'm dissabled, however if I was working I would make sure they knew I was Wiccan.
    However, I would not request any days off except those of my kids & partners bdays or medical/dental appts.

The God/Dess's will NOT get mad at me for taking care of my family 1st prior to doing a ritual/celebration after work, ect !!!
    witch_e_woman

Answer by witch_e_woman at 2:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I am new to it all and I came out a little bit, but after reading about Pagans being discriminated against! I am scared and have to keep it a secret somewhat! Not for me, but for my children, bc they are my main concern and priority. I don't want them to be punished bc of the path I chose!
    Earth-Angel

Answer by Earth-Angel at 2:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When I was very new to the path I wanted to come screaming out of the closet but I didn't because we lived in the deep south. There were a few friends that knew. I kept my pentecle tucked in my shirt. I didn't even have my books or any magickal items out in my home. They were all locked away in a chest. Now that we are in Washington state I am completely out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well- I think I am more atheist than pagan lol, but I do have eclectic pagan *tendencies* ??... I had a *pagan fish* on my car- but it got taken off by???. I talk at work about celebrating seasons vs religious holidays (we don't do christmas we do winter). I wear a silver and blue enamel celtic style tree of life w/sun pendant (almost) everyday. I get a lot of compliments on it. I intend to get a full color tattoo on a good portion of my back with the inspiration coming from this pendant. My nose is pierced, I wear 2 pairs of earrings daily- often unique silver hoops, I have long way hair which I do not really style or color, I wear lots of jewelry- usually silver and/or some stone, I look like a hippie or at least non-traditional even when *dressed appropriately* ... so I look... pagan if there is a look for that. **smiles** I am also 6' tall with a curvy athletic build- people notice me. I try to *represent* well!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 4:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I looked up Wiccan on the internet and got into it a lot and never told anyone. Now, I contact my spirit guide every night and follow the pagan ways... No one knows but my hubby and he thinks I'm crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The only people I am not open with is the people at work and my husband's extended family. I have only met them once, at a funeral. Some of them have me as a friend on Facebook so if they look at my profile at all they will know where my beliefs lie.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm known for being out and outrageous. My car was known as the "Pagan Mobile", the back was plastered with pagan bumper stickers and I collected the "you need Jesus/you're going to hell" notes in my glove box.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I am who I am. I don't hide it and I don't flaunt it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't hide my "faith". I will ask for Sundays off at a job, if I can't get every Sunday off but every other Sunday that's fine also. Going to "church" is not about my faith, I have my faith wherever I go. CHURCH is "not a bulding, church is the "body" of christains, where 2 or more are gathered in His name to worship Him is "church"..I am not ashamed of my faith, it is what it is. I don't preach to people, if the subject of beliefs come up, I say I believe in God and what Jesus did for us and leave it at that...
    7257PamLaFs

Answer by 7257PamLaFs at 11:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Most people in my life know my beliefs. My family wasnt informed by me but by a sister who I trusted to understand and let me inform them in my own time. So they know but dont speak to me of it, well they dont speak to me at all either.

I dont go around chatting it up with people but if you are in my home or a good friend...you'll know.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009