When do babies start sleeping through the night? I cant remember how old my little girl was, i think 3 months, but cant remember, i just want my little boy to sleep!!!!

baby, sleep

Asked by Thrift23 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started sleeping through the night at 1 1/2 to 2 months but sometimes he deicded to wake up in the middle of the night and right now he's sick so sometimes he'll wake up in the middle of the night for medicine. He'll be 3 months in 5 days

Answer by KBM99 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my little boy is 4 months and he started sleeping all through the night at 3 months !! thank god

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It varies so much from child to child. My first son slept throughthe night at 10 weeks, and my third didn't sleep through the night until 18 months (no joke!). It's not something you can predict, just continue to be patient. :-)

Answer by DivaMomCC at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My little sophie was about 4 weeks old. She was great from the beginning.

Answer by andie1080 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my little one is 4 months and 2 weeks and still wakes up couple times. I wish you better luck!!!

Answer by elldev at 9:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It varies from child to child and also by what you mean by "Sleep through the night".

The official definition is more than 5 hours in a row. Then there is "from when mom goes to sleep until mom wakes up". And last, "from baby's bedtime until morning".

My daughter slept for 5 hours in a row starting at about 6 months.

She slept for about 8 hours in a row starting at around 11 months.

She slept from bedtime until morning for the first time at about 14 months and did it regularly at around 17 months.

Now at 22 months, she almost always sleeps from bedtime until morning - colds or bad teething can upset things though.

I hope your's sleeps better than mine and you get some rest soon!

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Wow..neither of mine did till they were 2 for one and 3 for the other. I wish you a world of luck on that one. Usually everyone I talk to hasn't heard of anyone having their children do anything of that sort. Well I guess I was the exception.

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• One month. I cheated and started mixing cereal in his bottle

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son started at 2 weeks and is still going.. he sleeps longer than i do..

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• it varies. My oldest two were both six months and my youngest was two months.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2008