When do babies start sleeping through the night? I cant remember how old my little girl was, i think 3 months, but cant remember, i just want my little boy to sleep!!!!

baby, sleep

Thrift23

Asked by Thrift23 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son started sleeping through the night at 1 1/2 to 2 months but sometimes he deicded to wake up in the middle of the night and right now he's sick so sometimes he'll wake up in the middle of the night for medicine. He'll be 3 months in 5 days
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my little boy is 4 months and he started sleeping all through the night at 3 months !! thank god
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It varies so much from child to child. My first son slept throughthe night at 10 weeks, and my third didn't sleep through the night until 18 months (no joke!). It's not something you can predict, just continue to be patient. :-)
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My little sophie was about 4 weeks old. She was great from the beginning.
    andie1080

Answer by andie1080 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my little one is 4 months and 2 weeks and still wakes up couple times. I wish you better luck!!!
    elldev

Answer by elldev at 9:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It varies from child to child and also by what you mean by "Sleep through the night".

The official definition is more than 5 hours in a row. Then there is "from when mom goes to sleep until mom wakes up". And last, "from baby's bedtime until morning".

My daughter slept for 5 hours in a row starting at about 6 months.

She slept for about 8 hours in a row starting at around 11 months.

She slept from bedtime until morning for the first time at about 14 months and did it regularly at around 17 months.

Now at 22 months, she almost always sleeps from bedtime until morning - colds or bad teething can upset things though.

I hope your's sleeps better than mine and you get some rest soon!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Wow..neither of mine did till they were 2 for one and 3 for the other. I wish you a world of luck on that one. Usually everyone I talk to hasn't heard of anyone having their children do anything of that sort. Well I guess I was the exception.
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• One month. I cheated and started mixing cereal in his bottle
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son started at 2 weeks and is still going.. he sleeps longer than i do..
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• it varies. My oldest two were both six months and my youngest was two months.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2008