Is any soon to be moms worried they may not get their breast milk?

Because for me My breasts feel very hard and sometimes are very painful, same with my nipples, and I went up a bra size, but so many of my friends and cousins who are pregnant say that they are already lactating. Is it because their partners stimulate them? I've heard that from one of My friends and her husband. Or is it that right after birth it will kick in? Sometimes I get yellowish liquidbut it's not much at all!

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 2:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• don't worry, you'll get your milk, and the yellowish liquid is colustrum, basically the first milk your baby gets and since they don't eat much the first few days its ok not to get alot. Just be glad your not leaking alot, because it sucks. I leaked alot and if i forgot to wear a nursing pad, i'd soak my bra and shirt. Just relax you'll have milk for your baby.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Hey thank you for the support. I think it might just be a feeling, since I am in my 3rd trimester now, I have 10 weeks and when I heard everyone around me telling me they have theirs I started to feel like whoa wonder when mine will kick in hehe. Anyway's so after birth just nurse and she will get the colustrum? I don't want to formula feed. I rather do best for My child.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yeah, she'll get it. Your milk will come in about 3-7 days after giving birth. I think alot of mom go through thinking they won't have milk to feed there baby. You may get an increase in the colustrum more towards then end of your pregnancy, like the last few weeks.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• mine didnt come til my daughter was three days old, and I successfully breastfed her for a year! It will come, everyone is different and every pregnancy is different also. You'll be fine, Congrats on being so close to your baby!!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• when you go to the hospital tell them that you don't want your baby to have anything other then breast milk, this way they don't give your dd formula without you knowing.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• some women leak in pregnancy some don't. Has NO bearing on breastfeeding success.

I didn't leak one drop during pregnancy. Breastfed to 26 months.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2009