What did your husband say when your baby was born?

Haha I am just wondering how Mine will react I am thinking he will let our some tears and be extremely happy to see and meet our daughter for the first time. But I've heard of fathers passing out also. Haha

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 2:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a c-section, but I didn't really let him get a word in edgewise. I was too busy asking if she was pretty ( I had a lot of dreams she was going to be a boston terrier, lol). Then when they asked him if he wanted to hold her, I put the death grip on his hand and told him not to move a muscle (they were putting me back together) I didn't want him to leave me, so they brought dd to him. By that time I had morphine in my i.v. and I don't remember too much after that. : )
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Mine just cried all three times. Then after awhile he said I did a good job and that they were beautiful.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had a c-section as well because she was breech, he kept asking if I was ok the entire time. I remember him watching them take her out and put her on the table... then he wanted to know if he should stay with me or with her. I told him to go with her and make sure they don't get her mixed up!!!! I've heard too many horror stories. I got to see them on my way to recovery and he was crying! Eyes so red.. he said "you did good! Isn't she gorgeous!?? I love you!" And I went up to recovery for an hour or so.... probably longer. I guess they told him I wasn't going to make it so he was terrified.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• mine cried alot, and then he really didnt say anything...just stared at her. At aroud 7 when everyone was gone he just looked at me and said "wow..I loved you so much before this so I didnt know how I could love the baby as much. But I love her so much more!!!" I know he didnt mean it in a bad way so I just said I know lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• He didn't say much. It was kind of hard to believe that baby inside of me is our child. He and I both really didn't know what to do. I thought it would be instant "oh my goodness! I created this! This is a gift from God! I am the mother of this being!" hahaha But for us it took some time to sink in. Now my husband will start tearing up if our son does anything new. Like today, he was sitting indian style with our son in his lap and our three month old was doing a good job of holding himself up and Chris started crying. If your hubby doesn't react, you can't be angry. Sometimes it does just take time to set in. My brother when his son was born just looked at him and said, "He is ugly. Can we put him back in?" hahaha

It really all depends.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I remember watching my bestfriend go threw labor and all day I asked her boyfriend..."how do you feel? Are you going to pass out?" just teasing and he would say no. Then she started to push and I was right next to him and asked him one last time and he said "Oh go" the next thing I heard was the doctor scream grab the dad lol and he was on the ground.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i had a c-section so half the time he was asking if i was ok, if it hurt, and trying not to look beyond the curtain then when they pulled her out and she started screaming he said that she was gorgeous and a screamer, then he said i love you and went with her to the nursery. with our son he's deployed so he didn't get to be here, but i told him what time i was going into surgery so he called about 4 hours later and asked if i was ok, then he asked about the baby, told me he was proud of me and that he loved me and had to go back to work :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• "so.....do you think i fucking care?" and he hung up the phone....he wasnt my husband tho...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Our daughter was rushed out because she had meconium aspiration. He looked at me and then her, I said go follow her. About 30 minutes later her came in holding her with tears down his eyes, saying she was perfect.
    When our son was born I was on a birthing stool on the floor leaning back on his chest while he was sitting behind me. So our son was born literally in our arms, then our son clinged on to my gown. My husband said a mama's boy already and laughed. Then he kissed me and thanked me for his perfect family.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 4:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My husband has seen far worse things than a baby being born on his deployments, it was no big deal to him, he was very supportive during my epidural that stopped working, if it werent for him I think I would have died, not really but you know what I mean...after she was born he went and took pictures, and came back to see how I was doing while the nurses and what not were taking care of the baby.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 5:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2009