Lately ive been getting lots of comments about my weight?

im already very insceure about it and people have been asking me if ive gotten checked for diabets or my thighrod checked! ive been marrried for 5 yrs and in those 5 yrs i have gain 100lbs but ive also had 3 kids! My mother n law who recently lost 80 lbs by starving herself always makes comments about my weight to everyone and it offends me. And she aint the only one my own mother makes the same comments but worse and then claims shes worried about my health after she begs me not to wear a shirt that kinda showed my boobs! on my wedding day 5 yrs ago i weighed 127 so you do the math! should i really be worried about it and what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• When you are ready to make a make changes for yourself check out my profile and my group and I will be hear to support your weight loss journey. You have to want to do this for yourself and no one else. You will know when you are ready! Good luck.
    Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 12:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• well i think that all you should do is try to eat healty food and thats all dont try starving yourself to make other people happy as long as your happy and healty...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• 1.) How tall are you?

2.) What does your doctor say?

3.) Are you worried about it, or just that your family is?

4.) Has your husband said anything?

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Im 5'8 my doc never has said anything but i havnt gone but to a ob for the last 3 yrs cause i have an 18month old and a 3 month old but they were never concerned! i aint worried about it i just wanna be thinner! and my husband says im beautiful and likes me with meat he tells them all including his mom to butt out! but i know scretly hed like me skinner!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I feel your pain. I was a dancer and athlete in my teens, and weighed right at 120. I am also 5'8. I dieted and starved myself thin to dance (despite not having the physique). After college I played collegiate basketball and went up to 170, and it was all muscle. I naturally have a big frame. Wide shoulders,hips, and a large chest. Two years after graduating I met my husband and I was 190, and I had people tell me I looked great, and couldn't believe I was at that weight. I have bounced up and down with pregnancy between 215 and 190 for the past four years. My husband never complains, but I know that I am "obese." It drives my friends and husband crazy when I say that, but it is the truth. I do not drink soda, and I go to the gym no less than three times a week. I have finally accepted that I am who I am and that I am overweight. I am not going to starve myself for anyone least of all my MIL.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You have to be comfortable with you. If you are unhappy with your weight you need to change that. Examine what is really your driving force behind wanting to drop that weight. It shouldn't be your MIL, mother, or even your husband. The only way you are going to successfully loose if you choose to is if you want to loose the weight for you. If you are uncomfortable then do what you need to change it. I have realized that soda isn't healthy for me, and exercise is. I don't overeat and try to avoid fast food. I know that the exercise is good for my heart, and what I am putting in my body is going to determine my health and quality of life. No matter what my weight is. I think you will find if you live by those methods that the weigh problem will fix itself, and you will be happy with the healthy lifestyle you have chosen, and that it isn't just a "diet" lifestyle. Whatever you chose best of luck!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• An OB probably won't mention anything about your weight, but a GP probably would. I'm sure you know that being overweight can lead to a lot of health problems in the future. Your ideal weight according to many weight calculators is 140, give or take 10 lbs. You DO need to be comfortable with yourself, but I'd think you'd want to be at a healthy weight. Do it for your kids as much as for yourself. Don't let what others say get to you because you'll start to feel depressed and then have no desire to do anything.

The weight didn't go on overnight and it won't come off overnight. I agree with 2-1CavWife that you need to change your lifestyle to a healthy one. Avoid sodas, fruit juices, and most starchy foods. Stick to whole grains, lean meats, fresh fruits in moderation and plenty of fresh or steamed veggies. Cut your portion sizes in half. Drink plenty of water!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Exercise! You can stick the kiddies in a wagon or stroller and just start brisk walking. Walking is great for toning the muscles and brisk walking will raise your heartrate and burn calories. If you have a bike trailer for the kids, then put them in it and go for bike rides. If you have stairs in your house, then go up and down, up and down for 20 minutes a day while the kids are napping.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Last year I was a size 24 and I was miserable.I decided to do it,but I did it for me and no one else.Since then I have dropped 100 pounds.I eat clean,drink alot of water,I workout 3-5 days a week and no eating at night.I eat what I enjoy but in moderation.I also have cut out fast food completely as well as soda.If you want to lose weight,do it for yourself and no one else.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You need to go to the Dr. have all teh bloodwork done and then get on a sensible eatin gplan. I am doing Adkins but if you can just cut down your food intake and exercise then you will lose weight. No more tasing food or eating the kids leftovers.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009