Doctors appt question

I go to the doctor next monday and I will be 13 weeks along, so my appt after that I will be 17 weeks and I have read at that point you can find out what you are having with an ultra sound, but I also heard doctors wont tell you til your 20 weeks, so my question is...is it worth asking next week to get one at 17 weeks instead of waiting til I am 21 (that is when my next appt would be after my 17 week one)? Also has anyone found out the gender of their baby that early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I asked my doctor but he said most the time they wait you get better measurements if you wait the extra couple weeks.(the photo shoot isn't just about finding out the sex.) I just had mine done last week 19 1/2 wks... I have heard of many women finding out as early as 14 wks but I wouldn't trust it that early I would take it as a guess.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i found out the sex at 13 wks1d.. *boy*
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 4:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yeah I'd ask. I told my gyno that I wanted to find out and he told me early both times
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 5:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• guess it must depend on your doc.. I had the same situation and they scheduled me a half way appt for ultra sound only! ..soo good luck I hope you get to! Thats always exciting!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 6:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I found out the sex of my baby at 16 [almost 17] weeks, I didn't have to ask my dr he just signed me up for the sono. But I would ask your dr if you could find out at your dr. appointment on monday honestly, even if you cant get it that day they could scheduel you for one. I mean if they says no to a sonogram, then they say no. Whats the harm in asking??
    JuwansMommy

Answer by JuwansMommy at 11:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I found out at 13 weeks. Good luck
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009