HELP, Im not gaining weight!

I am 23 weeks pregnant and I have only gained 4 pounds. This is not my first pregnancy, it is my 5th! With all my other ones, I gained from 30-40 pounds, I am starting to ger worried about this one. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm in the same boat and kinda freaked out! I gained tons and easily with my first... I'm 20 wks with my 2nd and have only put on 3 lbs. My doctor said the baby is growing at the rate she's supposed to so I don't know.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was overweight when I was pregnant, and was sick constantly for the first five months. I lost twenty five pounds. The doctor said it was normal and not to worry. I ended up gaining back 10, when I could finally start keeping food down.

Is the doctor concerned about your weight gain? Are you overweight already? Feeling fetal movement?

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Hey i actually lost 23lbs while i was pregnant, and my son was healthy and fine. Don't worry plus you may just gain the weight in the last two months. As long as your dr isn't worried about ur weight and your baby i growing fine, it shouldn't be to big of a problem
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Im only 13 weeks and have lost 15 pounds already, my doctor says its fine if the baby keeps gaining like it is supposed to.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my second son, I didn't gain barely any weight until I was 6 months along. Then I popped out instantly lol As long as the baby is gaining weight and he/she's healthy, they your lucky not to put on 60lbs like I did!!! lol its' hard to lose when you have the baby!
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I am 26 weeks and have gained 5-7 pounds...i hear it every time from the doctor, but its not like im not eating! idk what else to do!! good luck though =) this wasnt really an answer, more of just venting! haha
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 5:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have been asking the DR about it, and they keep telling me "take your vitamin, drink plenty of water and rest often" that is all they are saying. my US showed that the baby was only in the 21% for the average baby at that period, but the DR didnt get "excited" about it either. Since my US I have gained 2 pounds, in 6 weeks. I eat every three-four hours, even getting up at night, i drink it feels like a gallon of water a day, take my vitamins----but still no gain.
    ERGSA

Answer by ERGSA at 9:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2009