Pagans, what book would you recommend?

What book would you recommend to a Christian wanting to stay a Christian but also wanting to learn more?

What book would you recommend to a doubting Christian ready to explore other options?

What book would you recommed to a newly found Pagan?

What book would you recommend to a seasoned Pagan for further study?

(or website or any other informational source).

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What is your favorite flavor pnwmom??
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 4:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Personally any book by Laurie Cabot, Scott Cunningham or Starhawk would be a good start. The History of Witchraft(the revised edition) is also a great book.
    witch_e_woman

Answer by witch_e_woman at 3:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• For a seasoned Pagan, I would reccomend "The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells"
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Flavor...strawberry...LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Ok for the christian wanting to stay christian bt learn more scott cunningham has a great book called "The truth about witchcraft today" which was written for this purpose and is excellent at teaching about without teaching the religion.

For the Beginner witch (any witch really but excellent for begginers) hands down its "the Goodly Spellbook" by Lady Passion and Diuvei. The book starts with the history, the basics of the wheel of the year and the correspondences, goes into simple divination, numbers, chants and charms and on and on and on and focuses on the science behind how spells work and the reason certain methods are used. The second half is the spells with explainations as to where they originated from and why they work as well as substitutions and also why those would work.

For the expert I would say any of Penzaks Temple series. Good stuff.

As for the exploring former christian I am still thinking.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I always suggest Scott Cunningham for those newly interested in Paganism. His "Guide for the Solitary Practitioner" is like my bible. I also suggest "The Everything Paganism Book" and "Paganism for Dummies". The titles are silly but the information is great.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• http://www.powells.com/biblio/1567182283?&PID=31435

Found this doing a web search. I was looking for a book that I heard of a few years ago, but can't seem to remember the title. It was for Pagans to share with their christians friends to understand our beliefs a little better.

Not sure if this is the type of book you are looking for as you aren't looking to "convert" so to speak, but it sounds like a good read to me.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Scott Cunningham.
    Any of the Idiots Guides contain good information so Id recommend them too.

www.paganspath.com has a lot of good info too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• To all of these questions I would suggest one book... The Everything Paganism Book... It breaks everything down in to laymans terms while provideing an awesome amount of information. I would also recommend The Idiots Guides and The Dummies Series. Both also have books for Pagan intresets as well as books for spacific paths and subjects. They are written for those that have no understanding and yet will help even the most knowledgable.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009