4th of July PotLuck BBQ Party Ideas Needed PLEASE?

A friend of mine & I came up with the bright idea of having a potluck bbq party on the 4th for a "few" friends of our from hs at the local beach we all used to hang out at as teenagers.

Well this little bbq party is turning out to be bigger than expected and well like being back in hs, everyone soon found out about it.

Right now we have a total of 100+ ppl coming and my friend & I are freakin out.

My friend & I are only going to provide the hamburgers & hotdogs, everyone was told to bring a dish to pass as well as their own beach chairs/blankets, food they wanna bring like chips ect & their own drinks....and their all cool with this.....

But, we need ideas for the party..

So do you have any good ideas/suggestions for this monsterous beach party ????

witch_e_woman

Asked by witch_e_woman at 3:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• volley ball.... music.....
    Sorry thats all i have for tonight, my brain is sleepy!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i would bring another, or request some other forms of meat like fried chicken that doesn't have to be grilled. or empanada's can be made ahead and eaten at room temperature.
    you may need to be specific with food requests, with this many people you are going to have 20 tubs of potato salad and 20 tubs of beans and a hundred bags of chips.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Contact as many of the guests as possible and on a list put down what they are bringing and limit the number of same kind dishes...
    maybe get a few of them to bring paper plates, napkins, utelis and other items if the food list gets to large.
    don't forget music, possibly volley ball, maybe a few more outdoor yard games (someone may even have a few to bring)
    I have done and still do large parties, if you need a help list to compare to with yours plz feel free to PM me anytime ...

Good Luck and have fun
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Tell everyone with the last names of A-H to bring a side dish, J-R to bring a dessert, and S-Z to bring drinks. Tell everyone to bring their own plates and such, and just play music, have water balloons, squirt guns, and such. You can't really dictate what guests do with this many people regarding the activities, IMO. Have fun!!

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I would have people sign up for what they are bringing like previous posts said. Also, if you are at the beach or something with no refrigeration, remember to toss anything containing mayonaise, meats, dairy, or rice after a maximum of 2 hours outside. All of those can give you food poisoning. I would provide music, a volleyball net, frisbees, then just let the guests take control from there. In that large of a group people will tend to do what they feel like anyway.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• If everyone is coming to see each other and enjoy the company, hopefully it won't matter what the food turns out to be.....It sounds like a difficult task. Next time, charge a fee and have it catered! Ha-ha!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2009