ACNE!!!! UGH!!!!

Lately I have had the WORST acne EVER!!!! Im 25 yrs old and my face looks like a teenage girl who is in the middle of puberity... Ive tried everything!!! I have gone to the doctor MANY times... they just put me on some EXPENSIVE shit that doesnt seem to help anyway! And Ive used other things that I HEARD work great!!! BUT, Im still breaking out like CRAZY!!!! I have used proactive, avon products (since I sale avon), honey, baking soda, a salt scrub (homemade), etc.... NOTHING is working!!! It just seems to be getting worse!!! I thought that maybe I was stressed, so Ive been working out... not helping with the acne, but it is helping with the stress!!! What have YOU USED that has made even the slightest difference? I need some help... Its to a point where I have a TON of pimples on my chin... and they are PAINFUL!!! Any advice would be awesome!!!! Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Drink lots of water. Have you tried tea tree oil? That helped for me too. Also I noticed you said that you have a ton on your chin. are you a receptionist/secretary and on the phone alot? Necause when I was one I broke out really bad and finally figured out it was the phone. So wipe the phone with alcohol or clorox wipes before you use it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i use proxcide when i break out, it seems to help reduce the time it takes for them to go away
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i put rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab and wash my face every night before bed. just so i dont go to sleep with as much oil on my face and it doesnt get all nasty on my pillwo case. it has cut down on the amount of pimples i have.. but ive been so stressed lately my face is a mess.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• avon makes a product for keratosis pilaris called 'skin bump minimizer'. it is a skin moisturizer that contains enough salicylic acid to treat or minimize chicken skin on the backs of arms many white women get.( feel the back of your upper arm, those little bumps)
    anyway, i use clean and clear cleanser in the shower and the minimizer lotion afterwards and have had no acne in over a year when proactive and Rx's didn't work.
    be careful of sunlight though, you will burn on your face easily when you use SA.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My acne treatment is H2O! I was spending so much money on different products and continued to break out. In less than one month I have just a few tiny pimples left and all I did was drink 2 liters of water every day! Try it!
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 2:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I use the Proactiv Refining Mask that contains sulfur. I mask my face once a week, and if anything pops up, one dab of that stuff overnight and the spot is gone. I swear that stuff is magical. I also use a bar face soap that contains salicylic acid and sulfur to wash my face with. I've "heard" that the Green Tea lotion from Proactiv is also great. I like Proactiv products, but the entire regimen together was way too harsh for me. So I picked the products I like and use them. Plus, I have a Proactiv kiosk at my local mall so I don't do the mail order mess.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I use to use proactive.
    I would use the face scrub and the toner. And instead of putting on the lotion afterwards I would apply clearasil to my face. My face cleared all the way up within a few weeks.
    That's when I had severe acne.

Now I break out during my periods.
    I started using Clean&Clear Persa Gel.
    It works amazing!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 10:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• avon has several really grat skincare products go to http://www.youravon.com/laurelthomas and check them out
    wildhearted72

Answer by wildhearted72 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I used Proactiv and had no results with it either. I found a company that has a product that is 100% guaranteed and half the price. It's worth the trial if you ask me. Email me at guccilea@aol.com for more details.
    GucciLea

Answer by GucciLea at 11:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2009