Name brand, store brand or western family?

When you grocery shop are there anythings that you actually rather buy with the name brand or the store brand, one more than the other?
My family likes the western family taco seasoning... they HATE the name brand stuff... funny isnt it?
And tonight I bought some ritz crackers... well they are store brand and I HATE them!!! I much rather get RITZ name brand crackers! LOL
What about you and your family?

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We don't mind the store brand on most items, but different stores brands taste different from each other.
    At Shopper's the store brand of raisin bran cereal tastes like raisin bran, but when we bought it from Giant, it tastes like sawdust and bunny poops....ick!
    I think most store brands are just fine, though.

Name brand items that I have to have are with laundry detergent, toilet paper, pop tarts, coffee, coffeemate, and batteries.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I like name brand, my hubby likes lower prices... some things I compromise on but otherwise.... if it's gunna taste gross, no point in buying something I won't eat!
    I actually never bought anything that wasn't name brand before I met my hubby....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Ladies! didn't you know that the name brand companies make deals with the grocery stores to sell them a certain amount of product to price at retail and another (lower) amount to put their generic label on the product? Trust me it is true so when you buy the stores "generic" brand of mayo, cereal and so on it is actually the name brand companies that alotted them a certain amount to sell at lower prices.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hmmm! knowing that might make generic taste better and now we won't be buying name brand anymore! LOL I didn't know that! Thanks Gigi
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have tricked all my brand name swearing family and friends and they are like "Yumm this is good" and when I tell them it is generic....they get pissed off. lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I just won't go generic on coke. I don't care what anyone says. Anything else tastes flat. If there is anything (or any two things) I can't stand, its hot or flat soda.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 5:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Some things you just can't screw up, like flour or sugar, even a graham cracker. But an Oreo is and Oreo, and a Dorito is a Dorito. I don't buy generic pop/soday either unless it is for the kids like orange pop etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Soday??? sorry!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We buy mainly name brand. You can say it's the same as much as you want.. But I have taste buds and the off brand tastes awful.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009