What if u dont have insurance and your pregnant and just 17???

How can i get insurance if i have any to pay for the birth Nd everything im streeed abut that i havent told my parents

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You can go to your local welfare office and apply for pregnancy medicaid. they'll most likely give it too you.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• tell your parents! maybe they will help you! I think that as far as ANY TYPE of assistance you have to be 18 and up... but it doesnt hurt checking into it! Or you can get a job... many women work clear up until a few weeks before their due date... I worked up until two days before I started my labor!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I worked, too, until a week before my son was born. You'll need to make sure you can support the child. It is good that you have thought of how to pay for the birth expenses. Get job training and a job, try to get the child's father to assist with expenses, although you may need a lawyer to do this- your parents should be able to help you find out about legal matters.

Answer by Bmat at 8:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Your parents insurance should cover the pregnancy, you are still a minor. Otherwise you can call the local PA office and see what the guidelines are, you may have to be 18 in order to apply.You also need to tell your parents NOW, so they can help you out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Tell your parents, let them help you...get medical care right away. Good luck. Work if you don't already. but for the love of GOD finish school!
    Anonymous

• Please, go to your parents and tell them. Talk with them about all of this.
    Cheeseymelt

Answer by Cheeseymelt at 12:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i'm not sure where you're from but in my state they gave me assistance when i was 17 ( it was only 3 months ago) ... but i also wasnt covered under my parents. but if you do still talk to your parents.. talk to them.. they might be mad at first but they'll ber understanding.. they're your parents.
    momma_zoe

Answer by momma_zoe at 2:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009