OK so I decided at this hour to share this because I am so wide awake.

I have been staying up late since work ended (hence the reason I am on here at this hour) lol, and I have been waking up super late, like at 10am. Today my mom walks in and scolds the heck out of me and here I am thinking, I don't feel well, it's my birthday and I stayed up way too late last night and she leaves for a few minutes while I get my butt up she, my son and my neice walk in with roses they cut from the garden and 2 cards. One was from my son that said Thank you for everything mom and a $20 bill lol! But the card from my mom!?!? I will translate what she wrote in it but she will never say this to me directly......

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was 13 my mom and I were getting into fights a lot. She went out of town to go take care of a friend in need and left me with my older brother (he was 18 at the time). When she came back I was still mad at her and it caused another fight. A few hours later I was in my room trying to calm down and she came in saying that she had something for me. I asked what it was and she gave it to me. It was a little sign that said "Daughters are Special". I felt so bad for fighting with her that I actually started crying. She found it at a store and thought it'd be a nice gesture(sp?). To this day it hangs on my bedroom wall.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Guera (blondie in spanish)
    Thank you because you have always helped me. Thank you for the patience that you have had with me. God is going to repay you with something good for all of the good thing you have done.
    God bless you today and forever,
    Your mom,
    Martha----------I was so surprised that as grouchy as she is she wrote this to me.uh-oh, not a question so have you ever gotten a surprise like this from a parent?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Aww thats sweet! I can't think of a story. lol. I'm up late because I was craving some burger king. lol
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• aww that is sweet. Never had a surprise like that from a parent.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It's 5am and I'm still awake too. My fiance, kids and I are moving 6 hours away b/c of his job. We came up to the hotel with him too find a place and have been here for a month n finally found a place that we like. I'm SO sick of being in a hotel room. My 2 year old who usually goes to bed at 9pm is still up with me. My 11 month old went to bed like an hour ago... I think we're all getting out of our sleep schedules b/c of this hotel. I try and try to get them to bed but there's nothing i can do b/c we're all in one room. I cant just make them go to sleep n put em in their rooms.
    That is sooo sweet what your kids did for you..
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 4:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• aww! some things are harder for a parent to say but writing it down is much easier! I find that true for myself and am working on trying to say it as well.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My 10 year old is trying to act like mom, No school, no bedtime! I have to force him to go to bed, I just put something really boring on the television and he is out in 6.2 seconds!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL Gigi! that's a good trick! I will have to remember that! :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Thanks for your answers ladies and staying up with me on the third shift! lol!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009