Do any of you ladies want to get a degree, but don't think you have time?

I go to the University of Phoenix Online College. I am studying Criminal Justice totally online. With the grants and student loans that are avaliable, you get to go to college for free b/c it's enough to cover tuition and books and I got almost 2900 bucks back on top of it. So, that could cover a computer if you don't have one and the internet all year until you get your grants again. If anyone would like more info on it, feel free to PM me. I think it's great! Sometimes it can be time consuming but I never had to work over 2 hours in one day and you can do it whatever time of the day. You can do half in the morning and half in the evening if you want, and it's only 3-4 days a week.

LiSsY0924

Asked by LiSsY0924 at 4:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmmmm, Now you got me thinking. Am I too old or too unmotivated? Criminal Justice sounds good to me because I was pretty good at starting a security guard company from scratch. I was also very good at investigating people.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Most of the people in my classes are around 30-40 years of age going back to school. I'm the youngest b/c typically people don't have 2 kids at 19 lol. I was really unmotivated when I first started but in my position, this is the last chance that I have for my kids to grow up with the things that I didn't. No ones too old to go back to school. The motivation part, you just have to learn how to disipline yourself at first then its just habit from there. lol If you want to call or anything, PM me and i'll give you the number. When you graduate, you get ur degree from the college itself. Its not just an online college. Its through the univeristy itself
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 5:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• oh and the lady that told me about it was 50 years old!
    LiSsY0924

• Sounds good.Thanks.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Great post. You CAN go back to school, and not have to pay for it (well, student loans). But moms can get grants too.

I just completed a certificate in medical transcription, but it was VERY intensive, about 4-5 hours of work a day, 7 days a week (If i wanted to stay caught up). I don't regret it though cause it is giving me a way to make money while working from home!

If there's a will, there's a way!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Arkaidy, did you get a job after you got your certificate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would not qualify for any grants and I can not imagine taking on more debit with a loan. I just wish I had the money.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I looked into it once a while back, seems like a pretty nice program, however I was looking into education and in the state of Ohio you cannot get an education degree online...and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. I have taken some general classes such as math and history etc online and it sure is nice to work from home and be with my kids in the evening rather than in a traditional classroom.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• no and no.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When I turned 41, I went to CTU Online to earn my Associate's in Medical Billing and Coding and am now studying for the exam to become certified so I can begin working.
    I am now 42, and I am back at CTU Online enrolled in the Bachelor's business degree program with a concentration in HR Management, which will help me tremendously with obtaining a job in just about any medical office.
    At the same time, I am still studying for my certification exam and caring for my 4 month old granddaughter full time because she lives with us.

It CAN be done if you set your mind to it. I had received a large grant and student loans. Because I am an alumni returning to the same college for another degree, they have taken $2,000 off my tuition.

If any of you ladies are on public assistance, you may want to ask about tuition & child care assistance for you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009