how can i know when i ovulate...

my period starts was MAY 28 and it was end JUNE 02 THIS MONTH.
how many days im going to count to know when im going to be fertile?
is it count backwards? or forwards?
please i do need ideas-i dont really know...
hope somebody will give me advice...
thanks to all!

joan1983

joaniane

Asked by joaniane at 5:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i read at my midwives office last week that when you start your period is day 1. count to day 15, that is when you should be ovulating
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• use a ovulation kit or start taking your body basal temp.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• TMI alert.. coming ahead.. TMI
    Some people do not ovulate at the typical time.. you are supposed to count forward from the first day of your period.. and try from day 10-17(both my children were conceived on day 16).. but I have a friend who had ovulated on the last days of her period(like day 7-8). A clue (here's the TMI) is lots of mucus.. like when you go to wipe after peeing.. and the TP really slides.. this is from my OB and was pretty true for me.
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 10:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You could also go to this web sit it's www.yourdays.com that's what i'm useing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Mommy 2 is right, the discharge lets you know your body is getting ready to drop the egg, do you know your monthly cycle, this will also help you. The "norm" is a 28 day cycle and ovulation happens on day 14, now this is not normal for everyone but it should be about midway or 2 weeks before your next period, day one is the day you start your period. when the discharge is slick and thin go have sex for the next 5 days or so LOL. it increases your chances of getting pregnant.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i have heard that you start about two weeks before your period. i have also heard that your cervix moves up higher when you ovulate. i know you might not want to check but if you do then go to google and type in how to check your cervix and it will tell you how and what it feels like.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 3:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009