Any idea on what to put on a 15mth olds face? He has like 8 mosquito bites on it. I hate living in the woods! =(

15mths old puts his hands in his mouth alot he's teething... need something safe to put on them

HelloKittyCrazy

Asked by HelloKittyCrazy at 6:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know what works . :-( Can you spray his shirt before you put it on him. Will that be enough to keep the mosquitos away?
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would google natural bug repellants. I know that there are some essential oils other than citronella that will repel bugs but I can't think of them off the top of my head. there are also non chemical battery operated devices that you may be able to pin to the back of his shirt. I've seen them on the hunt shows my hubby watches.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 9:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If you have a health food store near you check to see what kinds of bug sprays they have. I've used several different kinds that have worked well (don't remember the names though). Also, for the bites, try a baking soda paste (just baking soda & water), and if you find it at the health food store (or online), Earth Mama Angel Baby's bottom balm/first aid salve - this stuff will make a mosquito bite go away in minutes!!

DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My daughter still gets horrible bites that swell from bugs like mosquitos. One thing that helps her after the fact is Benadryl. Contact your pediatrician and see if they would recommend it for him and what the safe dosage would be according to his age and weight.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• u can try skin so soft from avon and for the welt he has already u can try a anihistimine and hydracortizone for the itchies
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• plant some lavendar i hear that keeps mosquitos away
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009