how many of u woman would put up with this kinda stuff?

my hubby seems to think theres woman who would put up with his drinking all most everyday ,working when he felt like it, cutting the grass when he felt like it.going to his brothers for a weekend and helpin his brother out with his jobs and getting paid whenever or whatever his brother wants to give him and when and then theres him gettin in trouble with the law every year or 2. then theres the mommy problem. her always calling asking questions about everything and everyone and hubby answers to her. always making excuses for his mommy and brother. blowing money foolishly and then when hes out of money he wants to spend mine too.talking dont do no good done that told him how i feel etc. he listens for awhile then it goes back to the same old shit. and u know what, his f****** family didnt want shit to do with him untill he got with me especially his mom! she gave him up when he was young.so, would u all put up with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Sadly, it sounds like you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• if you dont like it talk to him get therapy work on fixing YOU then fix US people are too quick to give up on marriage these days they said not just for better.. was for BETTER or Worse.. try and try again trials and tribulations will come.. but if you can work it out your marriage will thank you for it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have.7 years of broken promises.7 years of lies and deciept.7 years of trying to look at all the "good" in this person...and it was never really even inside him.7 years of worry,pacing the floor,wondering if he was in a car accident from drinking and driving or if he was just still out getting drunk.7 years of battling his family,trying to make them see that HE was the problem,not me.
    I finally walked away.It was really hard.Because he "needed" me,afterall.But I had to keep walking,not look back.Ignore his pleading,ignore his promises.But I did it,And I would leave him all over again.I was stuck with somone where dreams would never become a reality...future plans would never happen and I know for a fact if I had stayed with this man,I would have ended up a bitter,sad old woman with a shit for nothing drunk husband.If you're insticts say go...go.Don't wait for tomorrow or a better day,just go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I once told my husband... if you can find a better deal, take it and then asked if he could say the same thing to me...it was a great/non-confrontational way to clear the air. I did it at a time when there was no major fight going on, just a discussion of our relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We all put up with stuff we don't like if we stay married. There is no way that we can foresee all the junk that comes with the men that we choose to marry, nor can they foresee all the junk they get with us. This is the man you chose out of all the men in the world. Now you find out he's not quite the prize that you thought he was. Or maybe you knew about some of this stuff before you married him and thought your love would change all his bad habits. Whichever is the case, this is the man you chose. Were I where you are today, I would choose again to love him as best I could. I would ignore as much as I could. When I felt I absolutely had to say something, I would choose my words as carefully as I could. I would encourage him to be the best man that he could be. I would try to do positive things that would cause him to want to stay home more and away from them. That is best done by making your home his haven.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was married for over 20 years to a man who had some similar habits to the ones you describe in your husband.....I thought he needed me and I did everything I could possibly do for him. Most of all, I tolerated his behavior and made the best of things and accomdated him and loved him....I was committed to the marriage and our family. Well, believe it or not, he DID find someone else and HE LEFT ME FOR HER! So, all my work and commitment didn't do the trick. And even though he has a drinking problem and serious problems with money....he found another woman and left me behind! I know you are probably thinking there are two sides to every story, but I promise you that not a single person who knows us both and knows us a couple would tell you anything other than what I am telling you. So, I guess my advice would be to see if you can find happiness inside your relationship....but if not, be true to yourself!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Nope....I wouldn't put up with it. Not if I could possibly help it. From what you describe you have a great big kid right alongside any little ones. I would tell him that if he could find someone who is interested...."Go For It!", because frankly, it's not flying with me. I need an equal partner thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009