Who wears the pants in your household?

Following the story on Kate Gosselin and how her marriage ended.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My man wears the pants and I wear the skirt! =)

He's the big breadwinner, he makes and handles the bills and decisions (w/ my input), he decides where we go for dates. He carries heavy things, he drives the car when we go places, he protects me. I love the traditional roles and love being taken care of like that.

When it comes to chores, all is equal. And he actually likes doing the dishes!
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I feel that my husband and I wear the pants equally. We have an extra large pair that we both can wear! He makes certain decisions (with my input) and I make others (with his input). It works out very well.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'd let my husband wear them but the "last word" is mine!
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 8:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I do, even though I can never get my husband to admit it LOL
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 8:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i do my dh says im the decision maker and judge lol. he really looks at me when it comes to decisions but if anything we try to discuss things or talk about things get input from each other. but if i didnt do anything we would just do nothing lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• its equal here in millerland. most 'decisions' are small, fortunately, so whoever calls it first, is usually what we go with. if there's huge decisions, concerning finances/future/health, i usually let him decide, since that is his strenght. paint colors? plants? dinner? luxury items?..me.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Even if I don't treat my hubby like a dog, I do wear the pants. He works, brings home the money, but I handle pretty much everything. He always tells me that if he didn't have me, everything would fall apart and how thankful he is that I can handle it all :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Probably my husband. He has more experience in the world but the thing is he listens to me and remembers what I've told him. He considers my feelings and how his decisions would impact our family. It amazes me.

As for Jon and Kate, I think he was laid off his job like many people are and was comfortable letting Kate take care of everything. I could never stand to be with a weak and lazy man like him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We tend to just agree. I take the lead in the finances, out of necessity. If I didn't, we'd have every gaming system known to man, but no roof to sleep under.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We all wear pants

If your asking who's boss, No one! Hubby and I are equals

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2009