Am I Hurting Him?

I feel stupid asking, but um... if I poke my belly to get the baby to move, could i damage him? I know their heads are not hard and protected yet and I had someone yesterday (joking I think but it made me wonder) tell me I was going to damage him by poking at him to see him move. Is this actually something that can happen??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont think so? my dd got poked alot cause everyone i knew was too freaked out by the movement to put their whole hand there. my dd came out fine. if youre really concerned ask the dr. its not like your really poking hard, tht would probly hurt you more anyhow. it shouldnt hurt him, but maybe since you are concerned about it, just rub your belly. around 7 months it started to hurt when i poked so when i wanted her to move id put something cold on my belly either that or id find her butt and pat it.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No you aren't hurting him! Now if you punched yourself, that could be a different story...But seriously, the baby is nice and protected from little pokes and prods.
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• rather than poke just move him around a little bit almost like your trying to wake him up. It works alot better. But poking isnt hurting him, but try the other thing just in case
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• nah, he's well protected in there =]
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Thank you ladies! I know it was a silly question but I honestly had never considered that I might be hurting him in there until yesterday! I never poke hard... not even enough to make me sore and I'm almost 8 months along. Will try the cold and see how it works :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009