Can I reuse greywater in my home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You could use it to flush toilets but it is better used in the garden or flower bed.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I've heard that you can install a greywater tank just to use for watering gardens, etc. You could prob. google it. My father in law told me about it,but i've not yet researched it. I had always thot that soapy water would kill grass, so why not flowers and the garden? But more people are doing it. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Wash your car, dump it on the porch and scrub or sweep?
    Anonymous

• Today when fresh water levels in many parts of the world have dropped alarmingly, the need to conserve water has gained importance. Reusing grey water is a good way to save gallons of fresh water. Like many people mentioned, it can be used to flush toilets. You can also redirect water from the kitchen, bathrooms and washer to your garden. Apart from reusing grey water, here are some more tips that would help you reduce water consumption at home - http://www.bewaterwise.com/tips01.html . Hope this helps!
    BeWaterWise_Rep

Answer by BeWaterWise_Rep at 8:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• We used to use our grey water to water the lawn and the parts of the garden that were non-edible - like roses or flowers. It can also be used to flush toilets.

One of the things I do to reduce fresh water use is: when run the water for soaking my next load of dishes (yes I handwash - stupid dishwasher does NOT work, not high enough water pressure here) I rinse the soapy dishes from the last load over the stopped-up sink. Not only does it reduce my water use, but my dish soap use. And by the time that dishwater gets dumped on my flowers, it's been used three times! (once to rinse, once to soak and once to water!)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2009