Not loosing???

I am on day number 5 on the 7 day cleanse and I have not lost any weight I have not lost 1 lb. What am I doing wrong??

hcashe216

Asked by hcashe216 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Health

• I honestly think these cleanses are a complete waste of time. The basis of cleanses is pretty much to clean out your colon of bacertia and toxins, but the bacteria in your intestines is GOOD bacertia, bacteria you need, so removing them isn't a good thing. Cleanses also are NOT for the purpose of losing weight.....you need to eat healthily and burn off more than you eat.

There are jump starts to help you lose excess water bloat, such as Jillian Michales water bloat drink (you can find the recipe by typing that in on yahoo or google) but my doctor and lol even Dr. Oz on Oprah say cleanses are a waste of time and don't help you in the long run!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't put much stock in a cleanse either unless it's dr ordered like for a colonoscopy. I lost 8 lbs with one of those. I drink green tea and eat jalapenos every day. That will cleanse you pretty good! I would advise you to still watch what you eat. Maintain a healthy diet, eat often but smaller portions. If not your body will think you are going to starve it and start storing it as fat so it's a vicious cycle. To keep that from happening just do the eat more, smaller portions and try some simple stretches and weight training exercises to build up muscle mass which will burn up your calories.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Diets and diet aids don't work. A healthy lifestyle is the way to get to, and maintain a healthy weight and set a great example for your kids.
    Walk, or do other execise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu (all loaded with calcium and iron). Be sure to eat a vitamin C source with an iron source (like kale or beans) to increase the absorption of the iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009