An example of government managed healthcare, and the repercussions... (Part IV)

The result?

4.) Steadily climbing taxes to support the program

http://www.masslive.com/chicopeeholyoke/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-21/1245484041139910.xml&coll=1

Is this REALLY what you want on a national scale?! Is this REALLY worth overhauling an entire system for roughly 5% of the country?!

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 9:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IF this healthcare goes down if won't be with Republican help. If anyone knows of anything Obama has done that has helped the economy please put it out here. On top of that, nothing the government has done has worked. They say this will make health issues better and less expensive. Thats a huge lie and there is no proof of it. We will have the same costs and more. Nothing ever gets cheaper. They will just add the taxes on here and there so you don't get mad and things will go down from there. All the people who want something for nothing will once again be further in debt and not able to get the healthcare they need. After all the money wasted and put on our kids shoulders you think they would come around. I wonder just how broke they have to get before deciding government is not the answer. Everyone will never be covered Just remember just because he says we will self destruct (heard that before) don't believe it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No, I don't think it's worth it. I think they should have gone to the private sector to hammer out affordability, but what the f*ck do I know? (sorry, kind of cranky this morning).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• proposed tax increases include alcohol, soda, value added (national sales tax), a tax increase on employers healthcare exppenditures and an increase in medicare tax and a tax on employer provided healthcare. If all of this doesnt say something to people the last two certainly should.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You should have just told people to check a journal post because none of your other posts are questions and are about to get deleted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Ah, I was answering one and it got deleted. Well THIS is certainly a question!

I was glad to see that gov healthcare is losing support in the congress and nationally. It's the price tag, not the reprecussions, but I will take what I can get, to be sure.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Government healthcare would be just about the worst thing that could happen to the American people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Very scary rhetoric Lori...very scary indeed. The Republican party has successfully steered me away from the idea of affordable healthcare for all with their biased source.. NOT.

laughing

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• CBO Concludes Democrat Plan Increases Federal Deficit By $1 Trillion And Counting Over Next Decade. "[E]nacting the proposal would result in a net increase in federal budget deficits of about $1.0 trillion over the 2010-2019 period. ... It is important to note, however, that those figures do not represent a formal or complete cost estimate for the draft legislation ..." (Douglas W. Elmendorf, Congressional Budget Office Director, Letter to Senator Edward M. Kennedy, 6/15/09)
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Democrats' Plan Fails To Insure 36 Million Americans. "The analysis says that the number of uninsured Americans, now estimated at around 50 million, would decrease to about 36 million once the bill was fully implemented." ("CBO: Senate Bill $1 Trillion Over 10 Years," The Associated Press, 6/15/09)
    Carpy

• I'll give you the republican stock answer from CM ....Nice cut and paste job.... Now I'll actually answer

The result will be we no longer will have to pay $1000 for all the uninsured people, people who clog the health care system and ER's as they use them for their regular dr. If you like your insurance, keep it, if you can't afford it then look into teh public option. We pay MORE $$ than any other country for health care and are 37th (behind Marocco) in overall care......Insurance companies just testified before congress that they will continue the practice of dropping SICK people from their coverage even though they paid. (especially women with breast cancer) which means more foreclosed homes and bankruptcies....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2009