• In the Spotlight:

I don't know if this is normal????

My son is almost 6 months and is teething. During the nighttime he goes to bed by 11 and will wake up between 3 and 4 every night screaming so hard that he is hoarse once he calms down. I am giving him teething tabelts, tylenol and oral gel. Once he gets it in him he is okay 20=30 min later but in 4 hours later he wakes up again screaming. During the day he is usually okay but will have a period closer to bed time where he does this again. I'm about to go crazy...plz tell me its just a teething phase?? We always check to make sure he is dry, burped, and fed before meds. Please help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well for starters Motrin for teething Tylenol for fever also no oragel it burns the gums and toughens them making it harder for the teeth to actually come through. try teething gel as well vs oragel. and yes it is a teething thing (pedi nurse)
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• use motrin for teething
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing about oral gel. I use motrin, rub some on his gums and give him a little bit with a feeding. My daughter is teething too =] but she's not gotten to where it hurts all the time yet.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• This was always the case with my son during teething.!~ the reason its 4 hours because that's when the meds wear off - my son would start screaming again after 3 hours though and I had to wait til hour # 4 to give him more meds so I didn't over dose him -its a HARD deal! my son was SO affected by teething, I had never heard of anyone so bad ! he refused cold objects to relieve it, wouldn't take any type of teething ring, washclothes or anything at all - its very hard!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My DD is teething too, I feel your pain! Night time is the worst. I agree with giving Motrin, Tylenol did nothing for my DD. And you can rub pure vanilla extract on his gums. Good luck!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 12:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009