Gift for a two year old?

My friend's little boy will be three in July. I went shopping with my 3 1/2 looking for a gift for him. DS picked out one of those books with buttons along the side that make noises. Is that a good gift for a 2 year old or is too baby-ish?

Crystal1124

Asked by Crystal1124 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is a great gift, all my kids have those books. My eight year old still plays with them with the younger kids. :) I just gave one of those has a gift and we also added one of the coloring books with the big crayons. He loves the book :)
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think a book is a great gift for a 3 year old my daughters love'em. At that age luckly it is easy to find things they like. Just keep it simple & more then likely they will be entertained. My kids always perfered a big old brown box or things to color. I could spend tons on thoes great toys the advertize on tv but they always went back to the most simple things.
    cinimini

Answer by cinimini at 11:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Good gift.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 1:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• GOod gift. My son is 2 and loves the ones he has.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2009