the question...

i was reading a question last night about a woman who thought she was in the pre madonna group and wanted to get out.(i think thats the word she used.)my question is everyone around my neighborhood thinks there all that and a bag of chips.i dont get it.they think they are entitled/i am not included in this little group and really dont want to be.i have always been interested in this though.why wouldnt someone of the shall we say higher archy not let someone into there group or why would they throw them out.just interested.maybe i can get some insight as to what the heck is going on...

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I am not really sure I completely understand the question as I don't get the reference to the pre-madonna group, etc. Are you asking why there are cliques and why some people think they are better than everyone else...and why those people would choose not to include others in their group? Well, I find that most of the time people who act that way are doing it out of their own insecurities....they feel the need to establish dominance or superiority over other people....so they can't let just anyone into their circles! You are right not to want to be included in a group like that! But, that being said, people also form groups of friends in general because they have something in common and they get along....sometimes they don't see themselves as a clique at all, just as a group of friends. To people on the outside it seems like they are excluding people, but they are not always aware of it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• what is your ???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Because it makes them feel elite & special & better than someone else. It's called a SUPER big ego. And it's quite easy for anyone of "higher class" to become this way. Money changes everything, & once you have a lot of it, for some reason people get snooty. I have a large group of friends from all types of "classes" (as far as money goes) high class, middle class & pathetically low class. And i HAVE to say that my girlfriends who are higher class are just more snooty. They feel like they are better in many ways because of their financial situations. I get over it though, i make fun of one of them actually. I always lovingly ask her how far she stuck the stick up her butt today (she knows she is a snoot), and she tries SO hard to act "normal" but there is no denying that she was born w/ a silver spoon in her mouth. I DO NOT hang out w/ her other friends because they are all snooty bitches.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i just noticed you said "higher archy" not "higher class", maybe you meant the same thing? Anyway, that was my two cents.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Don't you mean queen bee status? OMG, let this go!!!! You can't admit you may be part of the problem with your judging of your neighbors. Not everyone likes everybody else. Grow up.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009