Things I need to take with me for my toddler to indoor water park

My daughter is 15 months old and we are planning to visit wisconsin dells indoor water park in july. I would like to know what are all the things I would have to take with me for her. Everything from her dress to diapers and lotions. This is the first time we are planning to play in water so I am little nervous that I should not end up missing something. Please also let me know if its not the right age to take her(if i have to wait till she is older to enjoy)

revathy

Asked by revathy at 9:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I took my son to Holiday World in Indiana when he was 17 months and he had a blast. Your little girl will probably have a great time. If they allow you to bring in food and drinks, I would suggest snacks and juice for her. Plenty of swim diapers, as well as a few regular ones. I put regular SPF 50 sunscreen on my son (now and when we went to Holiday World), I don't know how much sunlight there will in an indoor water park. Because my son has ecxema, I brought a little bottle of body wash and the lotion I usually put on him after a bath for after we were done swimming. And of course towels and her stroller. It is sometimes a long walk from the parking lot, and around the park. Plus if she gets tired later on she can nap in it.

Have fun!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• towel, bathing suit, sunscreen (not sure if it's necessary since it's indoor, but just in case), swim diapers (lots), may want water shoes so she doesn't slip, dry clothes and regular diapers to go home in. I usually take a small first aid kit with me, but the palce should have one, too. you may want to bring the stroller too. And always bring extra sippy cup of water or watered down gatoraid if in the heat and lots of snacks.
    Anonymous

• One word of caution on indoor water parks, they're very noisy. We took our son this winter when he was just shy of 2 and the noise freaked him out. (Admittedly, he has always been a bit quirky with noises.) He absolutely loves water so his curiosity eventually overtook his fear but it took a while for him to adjust. Otherwise, swim diapers, swim suits (a couple), sippy cups. The park may have towels and life jackets (you'll want to check on both). Lifejackets are sized based on weight and chest measurements so make sure you have an idea on both for your child. Also, bring a large ziploc bag for keeping things dry. You probably wont' need sunscreen but it doesn't hurt to have it just in case.
    Anonymous