would you let your 2 - 3 yr old play with water balloons supervised by you and other adults?

I am asking cuz i allow my son to and we are very careful and he knows the rules not to put them in his mouthand to pick up the pieces.. but i am hosting a playdate fora playgroup at my house in a cpouple weeks and was trying to get a general idea if othe moms would let their kdis this age play with them.. the kids are all about 2-3 ...

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• my dd is almost 3 & i let her, like your son, she knows not to put them in her mouth :) have fun
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yeah do it and have fun. My hubby, 5 year old DD and I use water balloons, water guns and the hose to have water fights and we have done it since she was about 2. She has never tried to put any of the balloon pieces in her mouth.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. My son is three and I decided them again this summer I was going to try out water balloons. He's got quite an arm on him so he will be able to break them. I made some last summer and he didn't throw them hard enough to break them.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Heck yeah! My g-ma has little water balloon parties for my kids, my nephews, and my cousin's kid all the time. All of them are age 2-7
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 11:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My kids did but as soon as I saw one go in the mouth they were taken away so they got the idea real fast not to put them in their mouth. My youngest is 3 and last year we used to (well the other kids in the neighborhood) would make little ones for her that had just enough water to inflate the balloon a little. They wouldn't pop even if you through them hard on the concrete. Then we drew faces on them with a Sharpie. She loved it and collected all her "babies" and carried them around in her shirt (kangaroo pouch style) or in a bucket. She was 2 and it was so cute.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2009