I took some of your advise and brought him a few toys displaying them where he could see them. After alot of crying from trying to poop (he was constipated), we again helped him by placing him on the toilet, and he did it. We made a bid deal of it, at which time he asked for one of the toys. So, this is the second time he's used the toilet for poop. We know that we might have a little more work left but like peeing, with repetition he will get the hang of it.

I would like to know what "tid-bits" of knowledge you may have about his nightime bed wetting. I not giving him anything to drink at least three hours before he goes to sleep; yet he still wakes-up wet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What my mom suggested to me, is to wake up your little one after he's been sleeping for a few hours to go potty. It worked for her and it worked for me.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Night time bed wetting is normal for children because their bladders aren't strong enough to hold it all in yet - you can either let them grow out of it naturally (generally by 5 or 6) or you can disrupt his natural sleep patterns and wake him up every single night until he learns to wake up himself when he has to go.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree with JPsMommy. Night-time wetting isn't about training. It's about physical maturity. Some kids simply *can't* go dry through the night until they are school aged. Both my kids stuck to pull-ups at night (and only ever at night. I find them counterproductive during the day) until they were waking up every morning dry.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• To help combat the constipation, try pear nectar or peach nectar. They keep things moving.
    momofc

Answer by momofc at 5:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2009