If a bill collector or telemarketer called and totallye butchered your name would you tell them that person wasnt there or correct them?

I had one call today and ask for Butt-ah-nee.. my name is Bethany.. so i toled him Butt-ah-nee didnt live there.. hey its not a lie.. has anyone else done this

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe I actually did tell a telemarketer once that the person whose name he said didn't live there. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 9:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• People call MY phone asking for my husband and I tell them they have the wrong number. Just like when they call his phone looking for me, he tells them they've got the wrong number. It isn't a lie. MY number is for me, so they do have the wrong number.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• That's why I love Caller ID. I just don't even answer. I get the voicemail recordings that say, "If you are blah blah, this message is for you. By continuing to listen to this message, you acknowledge that you are blah blah." I always laugh, b/c it's like it's a friggin' voicemail....I'm not acknowledging crap.

I also like to mess with telemarketers by making them go thru their whole speech and then I tell them I didn't hear it all and could they repeat themselves. For entertainment, I like to see how many times I can get them to repeat themselves before they get mad and hang up on me. My record is 3. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes. I do it. My room mates name is Jennie ..and they always ask for Jennifer or Jeanie, her birth name is Jennie ..soooo...not my fault if they can't get it right.

I love the voicemail thing to when they say "this message is for ____ by continuing to listen you are acknowledging that you are ____" ...how can you acknowledge it on a voicemail recording LOL!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't get telemarketers calls anymore, but I've told them all sorts of stuff. I've gotten calls from those carpet cleaning places, and I tell them I have hardwood floors. When they ask about cleaning my couch, I tell them I have leather couches, and when they switch to curtain cleaning, vinyl mini-blinds.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Telemarketers- you bet!! They cannot pronounce our last name (it is NOT a difficult name either!) I feel if they can't manage to say my name the right way I have the right to tell them there is no one by that name at my house.
    I also hate it when they call me by my first name- as if they are my nearest and dearest friend- that really pisses me off!! I think that is sooooo disrespectful!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't get telemarketing calls anymore since I put our numbers on the do not call list, but when I did, I didn't even care how they pronounce our name, I would just say "No thank you" and hang up. I very briefly worked as a telemarketer and i can tell you they are trained to keep on trying no matter what you say there is a response for it to keep trying to get you to buy. But if you say "please take me off your list, do not call me again" they are REQUIRED to mark your name in their computers so your name and number do not pop up on the screen again.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I tell them that even they DO get my name right. IMHO, truth is a secondary justice. If you tell them the truth, they'll continue to call and distrurb you (despite asking to be off of their list). If they think you're not part of the audience they'll looking for because you're not the right person on their list, they've removed me with better success in the past when I've told them they've gotten the wrong person lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I tell them they have the wrong number all the time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have done that myself i'm afraid to say, but I don't get them any more. When you think about it they are just trying to make a living also. Hope I never have to do that job.
    BettyBoo108

Answer by BettyBoo108 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2009