oatmeal allergy

My daughter has tiny little red pimple-ish spots on her tummy and back. She recently started oatmeal cereal, so I think it may be an allergic reaction to that. I spoke to her dr. over the phone and described it, and she said to just stop giving her the cereal. \
But, we're going away for 6 days, and I'm nervous about it. How can the dr. be sure it's a reaction to oatmeal and not something else? Should I just make an appointment and insist they see her.... or just take the doctor's word for it since she's probably pretty experienced in allergic reactions.
My baby is happy, and not itchy, or feverish or anything

CaylaLU

Asked by CaylaLU at 9:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had the same thing happen with our daughter, only it was to rice! We tried her on the cereal once or twice and she spit up worse than normal. Well, she wasn't eating her bottles good, so we tried the AR formula (has rice starch in it) per dr's suggestion and started to look like she was getting diaper rash and the next day, she had a rash all over. DH took her back! I don't know how old your LO is, but mine was 5 months at the time and I don't play around with rashes and stuff like that! If it will give you peace of mind, I would call and make an appointment for a rash
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009