The scale wont move, what diet worked for you?

I have lost 56 lbs (54 baby weight) but I am stuck now. I go up and down within a 5 lbs range daily. What else can I do. I would ideally like to loose another 15-20 lbs before having another baby but the scale wont budge. I dont do junk food or sodas help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Whatever you have been doing, CHANGE IT. Your body, like mine has gotten used to the routine and you need to change what your habits are. So, if you did aerobics weekly, start jogging or swimming instead. Don't let your body become accustomed to one routine.
    If you are consuming more than 1200 cals a day, Cut a hundred (or two) depending on what you are consuming. It is hard to tell you what to do when i do not know exactly what you are doing or eating. You stated "no junk food or sodas" Ok. Juice in excess or MILK is not good for you. Full of fat (milk) and sugar (both). In fact, I have cut milk from my diet and lost alot more. I do have it now that I've reached my goal but its lowfat and only like once a week. Also, are you eating processed foods? Goldfish crackers? WHITE bread? Cut out any refined white flours (bread, noodles, etc). Eat only complex and healthy carbs. Stick to fresh fruits and veggies.
    msg me!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm with you girl! I recently started walking everyday and thank god the scale moved a little for me. I also took a hula hooping class to work on my abs. It's fun and burns a lot of calories! Good luck to you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• More exercise. It always helps during a plateau.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree with the others, you need to change your eating and exercise habits to get that scale moving again. Plateaus suck and you are definitely stuck on one. Do some research, there are a ton of great websites out there devoted to weight loss and will definitely address plateau issues. Good luck to you.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No diet. Just changed life style and found out about Advocare. Check out my profile if you want more information. Good luck finding the right thing for you!
    Advocare_Mom

Answer by Advocare_Mom at 12:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Phentermine go get some....
    Anonymous

• I cut out all refined sugars and eat only good carbs. I drink lots of water, okay, only water other than 1 cup of unsweetened coffee in the morning, workout 30 minutes or more per day. I've lost 12 since May 15th and still losing.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009