What's a good sippy cup for bottle weaning?

I'm trying to wean my 11mo ds off of his bottle. We've bought the Nuby brand sippy cups, but he always chews a hole in the top. We've tried the basic Playtex and hourglass shaped Gerber ones, but the top is just too hard for him.

Any suggestions for a good starter cup (that doesn't cost a fortune)?

DaffysDoll

Asked by DaffysDoll at 9:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i was @ walmart the other day , and seen Playtex has stages for theirs , they were 5 or 6 something for a 2 pack .. not sure if thats the one you tried or not ... but thats what im planning on getting
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my son didnt like the soft ones he like the hard ones...he took it and threw his bottles away
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• we used the nubys. worked like a charm with both kids!
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 10:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• we like the gerber soft spout ones and the nuby ones. I like the nuby ones because they are cheap.. a little over a buck.. and the speed flow is controlled by the baby. We are still having issues with the twins and sippy cups.. but those are the two I have found they use the best without choking on the water!
    squidlife4me

Answer by squidlife4me at 3:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think Tupperware ones are the best, and there lids used them both on Cody and Georgia and they were both off the bottle at 11 mths old and I did not wean I just took it away
    Codysmommy639

Answer by Codysmommy639 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When I weaned my daughter I liked the Nuby ones and that is what I am going to start weaning my twins too when I get new spouts!!!
    rbjwo10

Answer by rbjwo10 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009