what do you wear water rafting when the water is freezin' cold? please help. lol.

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have always wore shorts, water shoes and a sleeveless shirt. I might wear a long sleeve over it. I would not raft in jeans but I am sure those who do. Most of all have fun and be safe :)
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• something that dries quickly.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Cold water....wet suit if possible. Please don't forget the life jacket. A helmet would also be nice. The current can be quite unforgiving and so can the rocks beneath the water.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I did not post the helmet and life jacket because most rafting companies have them, are you rafting with a company or going out without company?

You might be able to rent a wetsuit from of of the companies.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• we just went last weekend and wore everything the rafting people suggested. i'm glad we did! ask them what they recommend and rent from them the things they have available.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was going to say wetsuit. It's the only thing that will protect you from the water.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was going to say a wetsuit, too - like when you go scuba diving.
    Don't forget your helmet, life jacket, and lightweight fingerless gloves to protect your knuckles yet allow your fingers the mobility to move. There are even whole hand gloves that cover the fingers that have grippers to help hold onto the oar. Everyone has their personal preferences.
    Have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009