A freaking out question about having two kids.

When my first was born I would only take a shower when he was asleep....and other than that he was mostly in the same room with me unless I was cooking and then I would check on him every few minutes. Now that I'm about to have my second it occured to me to ask what I'm supposed to do with her when I'm taking a shower and cooking and stuff??? My first is two and I don't want to leave them alone to go cook or get cleaned up. What if he hurts her on accident or something? Did other mothers go through this kind of worry?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. I worried about that too. What I ended up doing was toting baby around the house in a carrier/seat so that I could see him at all times, even into the bathroom as I showered.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm in kinda the same situation only my son is almost 4... I've never really thought about it yet, but I guess I'd probably have the baby in with me in the bathroom while showering and my son, being older, out watching tv or something... My boy does like to talk to me while I'm in the shower, so he might be in there too, but that way you could peak out every now and again.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 10:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Lol. My three year old likes to sit on the toilet and talk to me while i'm in the shower. When my younger son was born, I was worried about them getting along. And I felt guilty all through my pregnancy because he wasn't going to be the only one anymore. As soon as he came to the hospital to meet the baby that all went away. He loved him. Not, they fight. lol. They are almost 2 and 4 though.

I would wait until the baby was napping and get a shower, because luckily they sleep alot. You can take the monitor in with you. Or I would put him in the swing and movve it over near the bathroom door.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009