Do I really need a double stroller?

I'm expecting my second child in December. My daughter will be 21 months old when the baby is born, and I'm wondering if I should get a double stroller. Right now I have a stroller that I really love, and I'm just worried that I won't be able to find one that will have everything that I want. If you have a double stroller, what kind do you have, and do you think it's really necessary?

lvaughn26

Asked by lvaughn26 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I did not have one, well I did for about two months and did not really use it that much. If I was to purchase one I would get the Sit and Stand stroller, I am even looking at one now for my youngest (they are five and two)

Wishing you the best :)
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Depends on if you like to go for walks or spend time in busy places like malls or zoos and if you can or can't carry the baby in a sling or whatever.
    Both me and my husband have bad backs so carting the baby around in a snugli or whatever was pretty much out of the question. We had to have a double stroller and it got a ton of use. We bought it when our 2nd child was born and our oldest was 15 months. We used it all the time for them on trips to the mall and zoo and just walking around the neighborhood. Then 13 months later our 3rd child was born and the 2 younger kids used it. My oldest was small enough she could sit in back with the baby (when she was a little bigger).
    We even used it with our 4th even though we didn't have an older child in a stroller. It was worth it for us. We had a tandem one (front and back) with stadium seating. It was big and heavy but drove easily and had lots of room.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My older boys are 19 months apart and I never had one and I didn't miss it. I did get a lot of use out of our 2 seater wagon, though!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009