• In the Spotlight:

Whats wrong with her?!

My 5m old daughter has been throwing up her bottles for the last 20? hours. She had pneumonia a couple weeks ago and was hospitalized. I went back to the dr. they said her lungs sounded fine and she looked good. She had still gained 1lb in the time she was sick. She has a little fever. She just don't seem happy. She isnt dehydrated she is still having wet diapers but she does have diarrhea. Do you know what could be wrong with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here's a link to an infant symptom guide on babycenter.com... I hope it helps!

http://www.babycenter.com/0_symptom-guide-vomiting_1191960.bc
    caroleann0215

Answer by caroleann0215 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• She probably has a little stomach bug. Let her tummy rest. Try not to force the food on her but make sure she isn't getting dehydrated (like you already are :) ) Sometimes they can get sick to their stomach from a fever. Call the doc and ask for the correct dosage for tylenol and Ibuprofen.... Stomach bugs usually only last 24 hours. Diarrhea may last a little longer but hopefully the vomiting will subside soon! Sounds like you are doing a great job! Keep it up!
    Elysia4999

Answer by Elysia4999 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• sounds like a stomach bug or virus. Go to a local health food store and start adding probiotics to your child's formula. That will aid in digestion and tons of other benefits. You can google it and also look on Dr Mercolas site.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my son has had pneumonia twice this month. The dr. had told me he was better the first time and a week later he had same symptoms as the first time of pneumonia. If you are concerned i would take her to the dr or urgent care if dr can't see ya today. I hope your lil one feels better soon. Pneumonia or any kind of sickness is not fun for a baby or parent.
    Anonymous

• maybe shes alergic to whats shes drnking' I was alergic to the formula I was drinking I drank it but soon afterwards I threw up . and had fevers and lost weight. the doctors changed my formula and I was better.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009