whats the difference between mayo and miracle whip

I ask becasue i have a jar of miracle whip and i am making a pasta salad for lunch and i dont know if it will taste the same or if the taste will so different that i wont be able to eat it I am making one of those suddenly salad things by betty crocker and i just wonder if it will be good or not

elananme

Asked by elananme at 10:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• mayo is the best mircale whip is not good at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Mayo tastes good.

Miracle whip shouldn't even be fed to dogs... it's disgusting.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The tangy zip!

I like Miricle Whip better than mayo....but I don't know about using it in a recipe. That might be too much. It really does have a tang to it!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I HATE miracle whip!!! It is the nastiest thing. I only use real mayonaise [[blue plate]] in my pasta salad. I really don't think it will taste the same with miracle whip.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• IMO, it's like the difference between butter and margarine. You just can't ever compare it to the "real" thing, kwim? But, if you generally like mircle whip anyway, there is only one way to know for sure, try it!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I very much dislike mayo, but i love Miracle Whip. I grew up on it and we used it in everything. The taste will be different, but not horrible I would say if you like Miracle Whip anyway.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I hate mayo. We only ever use miracle whip in my house. It just isn't a sandwich with out the tasty zip of miracle whip.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• miracle whip has some spices, such as Paprika, I think. You can use both interchangeably. I personally have never like the taste of Miracle whip and can definitely tell if it has been used in a recipe.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• miracle whip contains high-fructose corn syrup, mayo does not.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Miracle whip is sweet! I don' like it at all.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009