When do you start a 3 year old on reg shampoo??

I dont want to burn his eyes but I dont feel the baby shampoo cleans his hair..
We have used the baby shampoo AND the sauve smoothie kids shampoos..
Help me!! lol
so what should I use he hates washing his hair to begin with so..

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 10:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just teach him to tilt his head back when you're rinsing if you want to use regular shampoo. Honestly, though, I think baby shampoo works better. I even use it on my very thick hair sometimes if I want it to be extra clean!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had to use grown up shampoo since my girls were babies. they have such thick hair that the baby stuff didn't cut it.

I just hold their head back (yes...there are screams and tears but none in the eyes) and do it FAST

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I use my shampoo (Suave daily clarifying) at least once a month on the kids because I don't think the kids' shampoo really gets their hair clean (it always feels greasy after they wash it). My kids learned really quick to keep their heads tilted back. I always washed their hair in the faucet of the tub or with the hand shower. With the faucet I would have them tilt their head all the way back and actually look at the faucet itself that way soap would always be flowing away from their eyes. With the hand shower I have them look up at the ceiling behind them or at the shower head way up on the wall and keep my free hand around their hair line so splashes don't get in their eyes. My 3yo still fights me to take baths but always calms down when I do her hair because it feels good.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I've always used regular shampoo on my kid.. I just tell her ''head back as far as it can go'' when I'm rinsing.. never really had too big of problems. I like Pantene, makes her hair shiney and smells so good.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• use suave shampoo + conditioner, or what I use is regular but hold there head back and rinse out, but the secret is not to use alot, threir hair is not that dirty
    firewoman1977

Answer by firewoman1977 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My kids use mine now (pantene). They are ages 3 & 4.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I used Loreal's Kids Shampoo on my 3 year old. Its tear free. He tilts his head back and I keep one head up around his forehead to keep the water from running into his eyes.
    AsaGarrett

Answer by AsaGarrett at 1:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2009