Telling Daddy

My husband didnt want anymore kids but I am almost positive I'm 3-7 weeks pregnant. He has told me before that if we have another one he won't be happy about it (at first) but that he would love it. I took a test and it came back with a faint positive so I'm going to take another one. If it comes back positive, how shoudl I tell him?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 10:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would leave it out for him to see when i was not home. This would give him time to think about it before you guys talk.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• He is gone 10 days for work then comes home for 4 days. I am planning on taking one today. The only time he is home and I'm not is when I work at the bar when he's home. Which isnt that often since he's only home every other weekend.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 10:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Buy a newborn outfit & slip it into his bag before he leaves again. He will figure out what it means & have some time to deal before you see each other again. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• HOW WOULD HE EXPECT YOU NOT TO GET PREGNANT DID HE USE A CONDOM OR WERE YOU ON BIRTH CONTROL. Not being mean but the kid suffers when the dad don't want them, and in the future they know it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had been taking birth control but it was making me depressed so I quit taking it. My husband knew I quit taking it. I've always wanted 3 kids but he didnt want anymore. Neither one of our girls were "planned" but he loves them both very much and he will feel the same way about this child.

I like the idea of the outfit in his bag. I might have to try that one. I know ill get an ass chewing the night he finds it though.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 11:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• That happened to me. I got pg when our second was 13 months old and my dh had said no more for a while as he was a handful. LOL I just had to tell him but I waited a few weeks before i did it. I didn't do anything fun or surprising (it was a surprise enough) cause i knew he wouldn't be happy at first. He wasn't happy but did get over it soon enough.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Take a picture with your cell phone and send it to him so he has time to think about it before he gets home if you can.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would wait until the 2 of us could have some time together & tell him then... I like to be there for my dh & get through things together.... Id hate to get news like that & be say for example.. in an important meeting... on the road..... ect..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009