Bahá'í Faith: Bahá’u’lláh the latest Messenger?

Throughout history, God has revealed Himself to humanity through a series of divine Messengers, whose teachings guide and educate us and provide the basis for the advancement of human society. These Messengers have included Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad. Their religions come from the same Source and are in essence successive chapters of one religion from God.

Bahá’u’lláh, the latest of these Messengers, brought new spiritual and social teachings for our time. His essential message is of unity. He taught the oneness of God, the oneness of the human family, and the oneness of religion.

TO LEARN MORE, GO HERE:

http://www.bahai.org/

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 10:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can also see this growing in popularity for a few reasons (which I believe relate to Bible prophesy).

Baha'i are involved in political organizations like the United Nations, they want to bring about world peace, by uniting humanity and uniting religion (doing away with fanaticism and fundamentalism), and bringing an end to the science vs. religion debate.

As a Christian I believe that prophetically we are moving toward all of these things. But I am also very scared about how it seems like they want to control people-- universal compulsory education, obedience to gov't, one language, getting rid of wealth and poverty (this stuff sounds good in theory, but in practice it becomes slavery).

To me, this all freaks me out. I already distrust gov't, I want to believe what I want even if it doesn't fit into what the world thinks is okay, and I have read "A Brave New World" : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I do not agree with the teachings of the Baha'i but I can see how they would appeal to alot of people, even here.

I personally don't thing that the religions are meant to be united and that everyone listed above is "sent from God" to convey a truth to a certain region at a certain time. My own beliefs are that God doesn't change, and the more I have studied world religions (I can see similarities) but the majority of the teachings are so different they contradict each other. I don't think God would contradict Himself. (Some of you will zing me for saying that, LOL, but that is what I believe).

cont.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When I first became a Christian I had learned about them and I don't remember why, but I was really upset about something I might have listed above and I remember telling my best friend (a solid strong Christian) about them and their beliefs.

I don't know why I am writing this down, I just am laughing because I remember being so upset about something (you know how excitable I am, LOL) and trying to tell someone how urgent all this was, ha ha.

Anyways . . .
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Everytime I take that 'what religion are you?' test, this faith is always in my top five. Apparently it has a lot in common with my personal beliefs or something (or maybe that test is a bunch of hooey!).

I do see how people would think this was a wonderful faith, and because you never hear anything about it, it's shocking to realise how many people actually belong to it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009