WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO GET THROUGH TO A MEDICAID OFFICE!!!!!

UGH!!!! I'm so annoyed right now!!! Has anyone else had this problem??

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The problem is there are SO many people on medicaid and applying for medicaid & the way their system is set up just makes things SO hard.

There are 20 different departments for every freaken question. They can't transfer you so you sit on hold for an hour just to be told to call a different number. It's crazy.

My DH got laid off when I was pregnant with my first and we lost our insurance so I had to apply for medicaid. It's was the single most frustrating experience of my life! I'm SO glad we have insurace again and I don't have to deal with that mess.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was caretaker for my mom for a year or so befor she passed and Medicaid was a mess. I got ahold of someone about 50% of the time i needed to. Not much you can do. They are jerks and i think they know how bad their system is because whenever I started to say something they though wass unpleasent they would hang up. I will never be in favor of anymore government health programs. The government cannot do what they say they can. The programs we have are proof.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• ya while i was growing up my mother raised me and my brother alone so when she went for medicade they were sooo rude i was 8 trying to translate for my mother it depends on what case worker you get we luckily had a great one that helped her sooo muh i wish u the best of luck if u need anyhelp in it email me i know a good amount of that stuff since i grew up withought much
    cheny

Answer by cheny at 11:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I got bad news for you...I applied for pregnancy medicaid...twice, in person and online. My daughter is almost 2 months now, they still have not given me an answer!!!I had to wait 7 weeks to get medicaid for my daughter. I had to take her to a special clinic, cause that was the only place that would wait for medicaid to send me my daughters medicaid card...they are just so overfilled, there is not much you can do...
    danijela1985

Answer by danijela1985 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Medicaid around here [in SC] is usually fairly easy to get a hold of. Of course there's always days where the person you need isn't in ... but, for the most part they work with you. I applied in person both times [when I was in NC and then when I moved to SC] and the only reason I had a delay was my fault for not supplying all the information at once. So, I am sorry you are having an issue with it :( It did take about 3 weeks for them to send me my daughters card, but they gave me papers to show doctors that I did have medicaid, just no card.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yep...it sucks. I spent an entire week calling every five minutes. Ridiculous.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I know the office here is a mad house, but when I turned the application in I was gived my appointment 2 weeks later. That same day I was approved and my case worker gave me her number. While she is usualy busy if I call and I leave a message she always gets back to me the same day!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2009