WHAT CAN I USE TO KEEP MY DAUGHTERS HAIR FROM DRYING OUT?

IM TRYING TO FIND A GOOD MOISTERIZER FOR MY DAUGHTERS HAIR. SHE HAS A THICK, CURLY HAIR. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM ADULT PRODUCTS TO VASILINE AND NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. ILL DO HER HAIR AND IT WILL LOOK GREAT BUT WITHIN HOURS HER HAIR IS DRIER THAT THE SERRA DESERT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

jada2514

Asked by jada2514 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i use johnson&johnson's leave-in conditioner. my dd's hair is curly.. but not quite thick... yet.

i have straight hair myself.. so i'm still learning how to mess with hers. mil has recommended olive oil a few times....
    Anonymous

• I have thick, curly, frizzy hair. I'm really picky about my hair not feeling sticky or crunchy. I ALWAYS use a leave-in conditioner, followed by a curl cream or gel and then I let my hair air dry. I ALWAYS use a moisturizing conditioner in the shower, too, or one specifically for curly hair. I try to do my hair really quickly after getting out of the shower so it has less time to dry and start to frizz. I use a wide tooth comb and then apply the products and let air dry. Try not to touch the hair much after until it is dry or it starts to frizz more. I've read that curly hair people should only wash their hair every few days, but I have a rats nest every morning, so that isn't all that possible for me. Your daughter may have better luck with that. I'll include some products that I've used and like in the next post.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Bed Head Ego Boost - found in salons and in the salon hair products at the grocery store - usually around $14

Fekkai Luscious Curls - found at Bath and Body Works, some salons, probably Sephora - usually around $20

The Curl Life line by Matrix - found in salons and sometimes grocery stores/Target - usually around $14

TRESemme Curl Hydration - found in grocery stores/Target, etc - $5 - I use this as a leave-in conditioner, have not tried their other curly hair products, but they are probably not too bad and a good price

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted curl scrunching gel - I don't know how much this is, I bought travel sized tubes to take on vacation and it worked well - found in grocery stores/Target, etc.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Pantene leave in conditioner spray :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• dont use shampoo!! i know sounds wierd but it is the only way i keep my hair from drying out. i use Aveda hydrating conditioner and their curl cream. Also like pp said dont brush her hair use a wide tooth comb. The more you touch it the frizzier it gets.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• nothing you put in it is really going to help. try adding flax oil and fish oil to her diet (or feed her more fish) and it will help A LOT! if you do need something on the hair i would use coconut oil.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 4:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• THANKS FOR THE TIPS! I HERD DONT USE SHAMPOO ON A TV SHOW ONCE. IM GONNA TRY THAT. AND THE WIDE TOOTH COMB AND THE DIET THING. THESE WERE REALLY GREAT IDEAS.
    jada2514

Answer by jada2514 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I use nexxus humectress, my kids hair was really dry mine too. ever since we've been using it its been great and we also use Carols daughter hair balm, just a few drops of it, its' great.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Try mixing extra virgin olive oil in a shampoo or before poo. Avocado oil , coconut oil, and believe it or not but honey are also good.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 7:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2009