pinched nerve?

I know you can get pinched nerves when your pregnant, im almost in my 8th month & i have a terrible sharp pain with tinglyness in my left butt cheek! Sometimes I get up and I don't feel any pain, and others I get up and I feel like I need to fall back down! I'm not sure if I have a pinched nerve, but for anyone who has had one what does it feel like? And what can I do to relieve the pain, if anything? [And no its not from having sex, because honestly I haven't done anything to have a pulled a muscle, plus I know what a pulled muscle feels like and its not like that at all]

JuwansMommy

Asked by JuwansMommy at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like its the sciatic nerve being pinched. my 2nd and 3rd loved to sit right on it - a stabbing tingling pain down the leg right?

all you can really do is massage the spot, keep moving (painful yes...), and I would kneel on all 4s and rock around trying to get baby to shift - sometime it worked and sometime it didn't. or a gentle heat pack.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yep you usualy feel it on one butt cheek, it sometimes radiates down that leg as well, a tight sharp almost electric kind of pain....it's the sciatic nerve. There isn't a lot we can do but drinking plenty of water will help. I've put hot or cold on mine in the past, but never when pregnant, so I'd ask your doctor if that's okay first!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have the same thing but on my right. look up on you tube for sciatic nerve exercises and you should be able to find some videos that will help. Also, if I sleep with a pillow in between my knees it seems to help a little.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OMG! i have that too. It hurts sooo bad when i lay on my right side. my left thigh starts to hurt like heck
    TripGirl

Answer by TripGirl at 6:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I just started feeling the same thing. My left butt check hurts so bad sometimes! I just try to stretch and reposition and walking helps too (may hurt the first few steps though)
    jennybear2383

Answer by jennybear2383 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had sciatic nerve pain with my daughter but it was late in my 2nd trimester. This time I am only 11 1/2 weeks and its already started. I need some relief too! Can't say its caused from the baby sitting on it this early......... *sigh*
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 9:49 AM on Nov. 18, 2010