How is the collection places getting this number?

I have two cell phones both in my name. One my husband uses. I never give out that number because he uses it for work. Anyways a medical collection place has been calling that number instead of the one i use and the only one i would have put down. I called at&t and asked if the sold numbers or how they would have gotten it. They said they didn't sale them, and they don't know how they got the number. I still think they are making the numbers available somehow. Anyone know how they are gettign it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Collections people are inventive by nature of what they do. Often times they find out where you work and call there pretending to be someone else. You might be surprised at how many people you work with breach your privacy without a second thought. For instance "Oh he isn't in until 10am let me give you his home number/cell number..whatever number."
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Or if it was ever written on anything, like an emergency contact number, they could have gotten it that way.
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 11:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2009