If you aren't with the man you had children with, do you still love him in any sense for helping to create those children you love?

I think divorce and break-ups come to easily these days (Jon and Kate, along with many normal folks), but do you still have any love, not necessarily romatic, for the person who helped give you your children?

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• There will always be a bond between me and my ex husband because of our son. We understand each other when it comes to feelings about how our son should be raised and when I tell him stories about my son's day he is the one who honestly thinks its cute and funny and is as excited as me. There is an understanding between us but there is no love...at least not on my part. If it wasnt for him I wouldnt have my son
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• of course. my ex is a great dad. we all have our flaws.things happen adn they happen for a reason. we are better parents to our son when we arent together. i couldnt stand him when we were together. i was young and blamed him for everything. we split when my son was 4 and everything has gradually gotten better between us. i love him for being there. i know alot of dads arent. i dont have the same kind of love for him that brought us together, but i love him because of my son. i couldnt have trey without him. so i do love him, jsut a diferent kind of love.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My son's father was never my husband, and he never will be. (Nor will anyone else for that matter, but that's a whole different ball game.) I do love him and always will love him, but only because he gave me the best thing in the world- my son. On the flip side to that, I probably won't ever have respect for him after denying so coldly that it wasn't his child and being just so positive that I cheated on him when it was obvious that I didn't. As far as I know, he won't ever meet his son. But I'm not taking that as a bad thing because he's not exactly the best guy to be a dad. I'd rather my son grew up without a father figure than to risk his safety.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I HATE HATE my ex for all the trouble and stress he's cause for me, my daughter,and my family.....hes made us waste a ton of money on attorneys and he's a selfish PIG....literally...he's a phsycho COP from HELL....hopefully he'll go back to HELL very soon!!!
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 12:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• no i dont thank him for the beautiful son i have because i have done the work from the start lol i love my son with my whole heart and his and i dont thank him because i wish my sons real father was my boyfriend because he is great with him and he helps me so much
    morgan453

Answer by morgan453 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• With my exH NO! He was completely horrible to me. I was too young to know what love really was and THOUGHT I was in love with him. My current DH different story. IF we ever split I would continue to love him because he is a great man to me and a wonderful father to our children.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We met on Christmas Eve when I was 16! We've been through so much! What A Long hard journey! Still long time Married! Through it all! Since I never met my Father. I had to stay with my DH & make it Work!!! So they have A Father!! We have now Married Daughters! One is Due in September with our 3RD GrandChild! My oldest is A Newlywed & has Step Teen Sons! Which gives us 4 Grand Sons! Hopefully soon A Healthy Grand Daughter!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009