Is it possible to be inlove with someone,and just not want to be with them

because u no longer mesh well together??????My husband told me that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• yup. I went through that with a guy. it's very confusing but we just no longer "meshed" well. I loved him though, still do but know it can never be. What we had was great but when it unmeshed, it just didn't work anymore.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Sure, happens all the time. The trick is to find a way to mesh again if possible. If there's nothing there to work with tho then... ya know.
    I've had times where my hubby and I just seem to have nothing in common at all, nothing to talk about but the kids and then all of a sudden something comes up (seasons are helpful to us because we both enjoy being outdoors) and we are happy as can be again.
    Gotta find something to reconnect you if you and he WANT it to work.
    All relationships are give and take so try doing some of the things he likes to do, put forth some extra effort but remember, change doesn't happen overnight and a lot of people do change for a little while and then it's right back like it was so you have to not get in the rut again.
    I'm wishing you so much luck,
    Lisa
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You can still love & care for someone and not be "in love" with them anymore. Being "in love" is still being "smitten by them." People change and its hard when one changes "faster" or "goes in a different direction" than the other person. Its even worse when the changes go un-noticed by the other or isn't communicated. And I agree with Lisa (above comment) about trying to "mesh again" and finding what made you guys connect in the first place or something new that will help you guys reconnect. =) I wish you luck as well! =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 2:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009