was just reading an article on Left Handed People and saw this...

The article was talking about statistics and beliefs about people who are left handed and this quote was in it..wondering what ya all think about it??

Christians believe that when judgement day arrives according to custom God blesses the saved with his right hand and casts out all the sinners out of Heaven with his left hand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmmm? Where was that said. My husband is left handed, a christian and never heard it. In fact it sounds linds stupid.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have always heaer "at the right hand of God" but it was never put into context saying lefty's were going to hell or anything....but I have been taught the blessed will be on God's right side....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It was once thought that left handed people were evil. Probably comes from that idea. My grandfather was born a lefty and had it "beaten out of him" But that's how it was handled when he was a boy.

Glad that is no longer the case as my son is a lefty!
    Anonymous

• its just saying he used his right hand for one thing.. his land hand for something else.. Doesnt mean left handed people are bad/ sinners/ect...
    The right hand has always been the "right" hand to use.. Not long ago you were forced to be right handed. kids would get slaped with a stick for writing left handed. ..
    Also we shake only with our right hand...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The right hand side has long been the "good" side & left the "bad" side in Western culture. You will get that kind of idea in a religion & culture that divides everything in to good or bad.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My mother is left handed and she would get smacked by the nuns in school if she used her left one. They would tie her hand behind her back so she had to write with her right one. My DH, who was raised Greek Orthodox, wears his wedding ring on his right hand, because "that's the hand that is closest to god". So many people are right handed, I think it's just that back in the day, lefties were different, and therefore "evil" somehow. makes me wonder about ambidexterous people...?
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• What does that have to do with people who are left handed?? I don't see how that implies in any way, shape or form that people who are left handed are evil or not going to heaven if they are saved. Sheesh.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Left-handedness has generally been looked down upon in almost EVERY society. In some cultures you aren't supposed to shake anyone's hand with your left hand because it's the hand you usually use to wipe yourself with. The left hand is generally seen as an "unclean" hand.

That being said, I am a damn proud lefty. My dad is a lefty. Clinton, Bush, and Obama are all lefties. Oprah is a lefty.

I love love love left-handed people. We're a small minority, and it feels special to be a part of a small group =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm not sure if ALL Christianity chooses to take that literally or if God even has actual hands lol. The Bible is inspired of God written by human authors. The actual description of the "right and left" hand of God might have been the authors way of describing a message of God from his own cultural and finite-human standpoint, the best way he knew how. If you think about it literally, God is performing an equal action with his right hand as he is with his left in that verse and therefore would be ambidexrous lol.  The verse honestly has nothing to do with R or L handed people.

If you're a Universal Electionist like me, you'd believe that everyone is "separated" to the "right" by God anyway :-)

I was born left-handed but because things aren't made really for left-handed children AND because my teacher had no clue how to teach left-handed writing, I was forced as a child, to switch hands.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• caitxrawks send a little love my way! I am left handed both my girls are left handed and our Shih Tzu is left paw. How cool is that! Anyway, the theif on the left of Jesus made it in.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009