PLEASE help me!! I'm desperate!!!!! (induction question)

I know that some of you have had inductions and they went well, were enjoyable experiences & you would do them again but that's not the case for me. My first inductio was the most awful birthing experience you could imagine that almost left me dead from uterine hyperstimulation & hemmoragh so as you can imagine I've been avoiding induction like the plague this time.

The thing is I've developed Pre-Eclampsia (sp) & my doctor is strongly urging me to be induced. They sent me to the hospital yesterday but all my test results were fine so I decided not to go through with the induction.

I've tried sex, walking, nipple stimulation, cumin tea, raspberry leaf tea, Scalini's Eggplant Parmesan, accupressure & then last night I started EPO capsules on my cervix.

I did start losing a lot of mucus plug this morning so maybe the EPO is working but nothing else has! I'm scared of being induced...is there anything else I can try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The thing is I've developed Pre-Eclampsia (sp) & my doctor is strongly urging me to be induced. They sent me to the hospital yesterday but all my test results were fine so I decided not to go through with the induction.

How can you have pre-eclampsia if your test results are fine?
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The only inducing I would do is the doctor break my water. that will make you go into labor..Your doctor should know that. That what  my doctor did. I would not let them use any for of drugs to induce me.

Answer by louise2 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• They did test for my liver and to see how my baby is doing (ultra sound and fetal strip) and THOSE test DID come back fine!

Basically my baby was doing good and I was not in immediate danger according to the on call doctor. They just said things could get bad fast so I have to go into my doctor's office everyday for testing and to have the baby checked.

They were really nice and understanding about it. The doctor said my axiety over the induction was making my blood pressure worse so it was up to me if I wanted to go through with it or not so I decided not to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i HATE INDUCTIONS!! i had 3 inductions with same child... stubborn kid.. never ever again
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• two things, have you tried blue kohosh? It's an herb, the best way to take it is in a liquid tincture. It's fastest. Second, when you have sex are you orgasming? If not, it isn't going to work probably. Do you have an exercise ball? You can squat on it and bounce or roll around to get your hips to relax. That should help. My midwife had to break my water, after that happened it was only 30 mins. till my son was born.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I understand your fear of being induced and so far your test results are good. Please if you notice any change in your vision or headaches please call your dr. I'm sure they have already told you this but it really can be serious. I've had pre-eclampsia twice and the first time I just ignored some of the symptoms and it resulted in me having a bp of 250/180 and in the ICU for a week and having CT scans to make sure I didn't have a stroke. My dd is ok thankfully. The second time I had it I paid closer attention and while I had to be induced it was way better than the first time around. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Did you find a new Dr after the first birth? You need to be in charge. If your blood pressure isn't way high to where you are at risk of a stroke or baby is in danger then I would not let them induce any more than breaking your water.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Answered at 12:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 by: ACL2007 two things, have you tried blue kohosh?

Please do alot of research on this before you trty it, one of the cohosh's raises blood pressure, and I honestly dont remember if it was black or blue, but used together they do start labor rather well, but you may end up with a c-section if your b/p raises to high also...

Sounds like you are doing all you can to get things going. WIth this being your second baby, maybe you could have the Dr induce just by breaking your water, or applying some cervadil. Keep in mind too, that your stress level, and emotional concerns can keep you from going into labor, kind of a mental block. Find someone to talk to, get your fears talked out, take a warm bath, have someone massage you and try to completely relax. Good for you for refusing the induction since baby is okay. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• of course your baby is fine. pre-eclampsia doesnt cause fetal distress! The danger is to you! You really should read up on the dangers of having pre-eclampsia and not having the baby soon enough.

How dilated are you? I would have the OB just break your water with no pitocin (if the head is low enough) and do it that way. It worked for me twice
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• After your update i don't see why you would have to be induced now, i wouldn't have done it either. Hang in there, try to relax as much as you can and make sure you are well hydrated!
    Personally i would never agree to breaking the bag of waters as a means of induction, it should break on its own.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009